Gain the skills and knowledge you require to start in the rewarding Aged Care sector by commencing your Aged Care training with Selmar. The Certificate III in Individual Support is an entry-level qualification for those who want to work in Aged Care. Because of the rise in our ageing population, aged care work is one of Australia’s fastest-growing sectors.
This is a wonderful opportunity for people seeking a career change or those that are getting back into the workforce and are looking for meaningful employment. This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide human-centred support to people who may require support due to an ageing, disability or some other reason. Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide human-centred support.
Selmar offers training through a workplace as well as distance study. Our experienced and supportive aged care trainers will be with you every step of the way delivering quality and relevant learning opportunities.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Accommodation Support Worker
- Home Care Assistant
- Care Assistant
- Care Service Employees
- Personal Care Assistant
- Community Care Worker
- Community House Worker
- Personal Care Worker
- Community Support Worker
- Residential Care Worker
- Support Worker
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 12 months
- To commence this program, your Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills must meet the required standards for ACSF LEVEL 2
- You need to provide a current National Police Check (VIC or NSW depending on where you are commencing your course) or you must provide evidence that you have applied for a police check in your respective state as soon as possible.
- Evidence of flu and/or COVID-19 vaccination is required to undertake practical placement in an aged care setting. For more information, check with your state health department website
- One of the benefits of studying with Selmar is our practical learning that will help you develop hands-on, real-life skills so you develop sector-ready confidence to succeed in the workplace!
- As part of this program, 120 hours must be completed in an aged care facility. For learners not currently working in the sector, these hours are incorporated into our programs through practical placement. And, we even help you organise placement via our extensive sector network
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- Selmar Institute of Education provides Recognition of Prior learning.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) allows assessment of the student’s previously unrecognised skills and knowledge.
About Selmar Institute of Education
Selmar Institute of Education is one of Australia’s leading Registered Training Organisations (RTO), with over 15 years’ experience educating over 32,000 learners.
As a specialist education provider in early childhood, before and after school and aged care, our human-centred training is designed to enable learners to gain the knowledge, professional skills and confidence to make a difference in these essential sectors. Providing fully accredited courses for both distance and in the workplace, our learners gain sector relevant skills supported by real-life practical and hands-on experience.
Wherever our learners are on their learning journey, our structured yet unique approach supports each learner with their different needs and circumstances, ensuring they become equipped to make a positive, caring and compassionate impact to their personal and workplace environment. Our team of passionate, supportive and knowledgeable trainers can also help organise practical placement and are with learners from start to finish, helping unlock their potential, achieve their goals and thrive in their career.
Education inspired by care and compassion.
Selmar Institute of Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 121531)