This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and/or a residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require this due to a variety of reasons including ageing and disability.
A typical day in the life of an individual support worker involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support, as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Therefore, the aim of this course is to provide you with a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge, of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Aged Care Support Workers
- Disability Support Workers
- Community Support Workers
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration Study Load
- 3 days per week
- 9:00am – 3.00pm
- 14 Weeks in total
- Classroom face to face sessions led by a trainer
- Student learning material
- Practical experience in a simulated environment
- Collaborative learning – classroom discussions
- Supervised practical placement hours
Note: COVID-19 may impact classroom-based learning, online delivery will take place as needed.
Successful completion of a Certificate III level Pre-Training Review as per the enrolment process.
- This course is designed to enhance your continued education and employment prospects through the development of key industry skills and knowledge.
- Students have access to hands-on training in a simulated environment to well- prepare them for success and alleviate any stress associated with using certain equipment before entering the workforce.
- This course enables you to gain practical experience working in an aged care environment and provides you with opportunities to consolidate your learning.
- 120 hours within an aged care facility
- Demonstration of knowledge through a combination of written, practical and verbal assessments
- Demonstration of activities in an appropriately simulated environment, in an appropriate range of situations
- Practical placement assessment in an aged care facility
About Australian Healthcare Qualifications and Training
Providing high-quality training programs, we identify the skills and needs of every student and train them accordingly. The experience of making the life of the disadvantaged as comfortable as possible is certainly a pride in itself. However, this job is highly demanding and requires much more than mere determination. For this reason, at Australian Healthcare Qualifications & Training, we offer top quality health care training programs, dedicated to shaping the future of individuals who want to make a difference in someone’s life.
Australian Healthcare Qualifications and Training is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID: 21436)