Would you like to become an Activities Officer or Lifestyle Co-ordinator? If you value and respect older people, are outgoing and creative and looking for rewarding work in the aged care sector, this course could be for you.
This qualification is required for those involved in the design and delivery of activities programs in residential aged care and community settings. Graduates may apply for membership of Diversional Therapy Australia.
Activities programs that encourage independence and enhance quality of life are an important component of residential aged care. Activities and Lifestyle staff have a significant role in community and residential services, and are an integral part of the overall health care team.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Activities Officer
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- While the full duration of this program is 9 months, some individuals may be able to complete in a shorter time frame where relevant prior skills, knowledge and experience are demonstrated
- It is recommended, though not essential, that candidates considering this qualification have completed a Certificate III in Aged Care, Certificate III in Individual Support or other relevant qualification, before enrolling for this course. Candidates who have vocational experience in a range of work environments but without qualification are also encouraged to apply
- Additionally, to gain maximum benefit you will need to be able to speak, read and write fluently in English, as well as have basic computer and internet skills and access
- We will help source placement
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- If you are already designing and delivering an Activities Program, and wish to formalise your qualifications, or…
- If you are a qualified PCA and hold the Certificate III in Aged Care, Certificate III in Individual Support, or have other related experience and/or qualifications …you could complete this course in reduced time and/or reduced cost
About Phillips Institute
Our courses are nationally recognised, which means you receive the accredited training and current skills for the workplace that employers expect.
We offer government-funded training to eligible applicants for most courses, and we even offer easy payment plans whether you’re funded or paying the full fee.
Class-based, facilitator-led training, with day, evening and weekend classes for Certificate III and Certificate IV programs. We also offer blended flexible learning, with online or print-based options for Certificate IV and Diploma programs.
If your course requires a placement, we will assist to source and organise one for you as close to your home as possible. This is a service we’ve been offering to our students for over 20 years.
Dedicated, professional educators with current industry knowledge and skills, and extensive training experience, ready to assist you to take the next step. And because we consult regularly with employer organisations, the training we deliver is what the industry expects.
Phillips Institute is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #21868)