Public policy is where lasting change is made.
The Graduate Certificate in Policy Evaluation is designed for professionals working and aiming to work in the government, non-government, intelligence, health or social sectors. Drawing on the expertise of leading practitioners and policy specialists, the course equips students with applied knowledge in data analytics, fundamental economic modelling and communication of policy analysis and evaluation.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Senior Community Inclusion Officer
- Policy & Planning Manager
- Communications & Advocacy Lead
- Policy & Research Manager
What You'll Learn
Build skills in policy analysis
- Learn to analyse complex issues surrounding the formation, implementation and evaluation of public policy, and the institutional and organisational contexts that shape the policy-making process.
Understand data analytics and public policy
- Analyse and communicate approaches to complex problems while engaging in politically aware and evidence-based policy design.
Gain experience in evaluation
- Discover how to judiciously apply data analysis and key modelling tools and techniques to inform the policy-making process.
Strengthen your communication
Develop the effective communication skills required to disseminate policy positions, policy recommendations, policy research and analysis to a range of relevant audiences.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 4 units (7 weeks each)
- 8 months part-time
- 15 to 20 hours of online study per week
Supported online learning
Learn 100% online with support from UC’s politics, public policy, economics, legal and business experts.
Built for policy professionals
Gain the practical, analytical and comprehensive skills required to curate policy research and recommendations, applying them to real-world contexts.
Learn from the home of policy-making
Benefit from UC’s decades of policy knowledge and close ties with the policy community.
Why Study With UC?
Our practical, supported and accelerated online courses are designed to deliver outcomes that create real impact and inspire real change in the world around us. UC postgraduate courses are not only delivered online – they are career-relevant and designed for demand so you can apply your learning faster.
- #1 in the world for reducing inequalities*
- #2 young university in Australia^
*Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings, 2021
About University of Canberra
The University of Canberra (UC) is a hub of learning, practical courses and innovative research. It is a place where ideas are born, creativity is explored and opportunity is created.
UC is a university for the professions, dedicated to providing immersive student experiences focused on employability outcomes.
We have been recognised as the fastest rising university in Australia (QS, 2022) and have been ranked number one in Canberra for full-time employment for four years in a row (Good Universities Guide 2022).
This success is in part due to our two-pronged focus, encompassing progressive, expert teaching alongside strong ties to industry. This means that students enjoy real-world work experience and get a taste of their future careers, even before graduation.