The Bachelor of Cyber Security offered by AIBI Higher Education is a technical course designed to prepare students for entry-level roles leading to an exciting career in Cyber Security. Students will first learn the foundations of information technology, such as programming, networks and databases, before tackling more specialised units, such as those in applied cryptography and network, web and cloud security. This leads to advanced cyber security subjects, such as those focused on ethical hacking, cyber-physical systems, IoT security and cyber security operations.
Students will also be exposed to units focusing on soft skills and human factors. Students studying the Bachelor of Cyber Security have the opportunity to build and extend their skills in communications, cybercrime, cyberlaw and cyberethics, cyber governance risk and compliance as well as project management.
Graduates will have the necessary skills and knowledge to work in a wide range of industries, primarily in a cyber security analyst role. They’ll be equipped to kickstart a rewarding and in-demand career in the growing cyber security industry.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Entry-level Cybersecurity Analyst
- Entry-level Information Security Analyst
- Entry-level Security Consultant
- Entry-level Penetration Tester
- Entry-level Digital Forensics Analyst
What You'll Learn
Studying cyber security can help you futureproof your career. As a graduate of the Bachelor of Cyber Security, you’ll have developed a deep understanding of the concepts and technologies related to information security.
As part of your degree, you’ll learn about encryption, firewalls, network security, ethical hacking, and various threat intelligence strategies. You’ll also gain hands-on experience in security operations, risk management, incident response, and business continuity planning.
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- New South Wales
Duration Study Load
- Full time duration: 3 years
- Part time duration: 6 years
- Classes will be carried out in person on our campus
- Students will be required to attend all scheduled classes to ensure maximum learning and engagement
Domestic students must be aged 17 years or older at the time of course commencement and meet at least one of the requirements listed below:
- ATAR: 60 minimum (or equivalent)
- Work-life experience: A demonstrated ability to undertake study at the required level, due to relevant and appropriate work and life experience. This can be demonstrated through:
- Broadly relevant work experience; and/or
- Formal, informal or non-formal study completed or partially completed; and/or
- Written submission; and/or
- An interview with a Course Coordinator and/or the Admissions team
Students entering this course are required to have access to a personal computer, preferably a laptop with the following specifications:
- Minimum: 8th Gen Intel Core i5 or equivalent, 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage
- Recommended: 9th Gen Intel Core i7 or equivalent, 16GB of RAM and 512GB of storage
About AIBI Higher Education
AIBI Higher Education (AIBI HE) offers higher education programs designed to make you industry-ready. At AIBI, you can enjoy a student-centred approach with smaller classes taught by experienced academics.
We provide a variety of courses taught by qualified experts. Our campuses are conveniently located in the Sydney and Melbourne CBDs, with easy access to public transport.
Invest in your future with AIBI HE. Whether you’re looking to start a new career or advance in your current one, we’re here for your growth.