Our nationally recognised BSB30120 Certificate III in Business (Records & Information Management) is designed to give you specialised record managements skills along with essential business skills.
Learn how to control, retrieve and dispose of records, as well as the legislation and codes that apply to the record keeping sector. Gain the practical skills you need for a successful office career today.
The business industry is one of Australia’s largest service industries. Job growth is strong across the sector with 309,800 people employed as a General Clerk in 2020. Approximately 80,000 people are employed in information/ records focused roles in 2020, with stable to strong future growth predicted for the sector.
Who's It For?
This course is suited to people who have no experience and are looking to launch their career in records and information management. The Certificate III in Business (Records and Information Management) is also a good option if you are already working in business and want to advance into a specialised area or improve your skills to boost your job performance and prospects.
If you are an existing worker or have experience in the related industry, please inform our enrolment consultants during your enrolment conversation. You may be eligible to enrol as an existing worker and complete your studies faster. Please note – limitations do apply.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Administration Officer
- Assistant Registry Officer
- Human Resources Administrator
- Information Officer
- Records Assistant
What You'll Learn
During the course, you will learn how to:
- Organise workplace information
- Control and maintain records
- Retrieve information from records
- Assist with WHS
- Participate in sustainable work practices
- Communicate in the workplace
- Apply critical thinking
- Support personal wellbeing at work
- Use business software
- Design and produce business documents
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Self paced – maximum of 12 months
- Recommended hours per week: 18h
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- We understand that you may already have many skills and areas of expertise that you have obtained in different ways and these are recognised through our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process
- Multiple choice Quiz
- Role plays
- Work Placement
- Written assignments
Your learning materials are accessed through our online platform OpenSpace. These learning materials include:
- Learning content
- Additional resources
- Learning activities
About Open Colleges
Open Colleges puts you at the centre of everything we do. As an institution, we measure our success in the success of our students.
We have more than 125 years of experience in distance education, and this has given us the time to perfect the ways we deliver education and training to people across Australia. In the last decade alone, we’ve helped more than 450,000 students reach their potential.
We understand the needs of adult learners. That’s why we created OpenSpace, our world-class online learning platform that gives you complete flexibility and control to study whenever and wherever you are. OpenSpace provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, a superior support network and the opportunity to connect with other learners just like you.
Our nationally recognised courses could help you launch, change or accelerate your career. Now is the time to make your next move. With Open Colleges, everything could happen.
Open Colleges Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 90796)