- Please note: This is a fee-for-service program
Enter the dental industry with a nationally recognised qualification.
Combine the HLT35021 Certificate III in Dental Assisting and HLT45021 Certificate IV in Dental Assisting to become fully qualified in dental assisting and ready to start work in the dental sector. You’ll learn vital skills, gain valuable experience and increase your knowledge on all things dental-related to ensure you graduate confident to apply for the job of your dreams.
Who's It For?
- Already working in the dental industry? These courses will progress your skills and expertise so you can take on additional responsibility and apply for more senior roles
- Ready to begin your career? Achieve two nationally recognised qualifications in just 24 months so you can start work in the real world as soon as possible
- Thinking of a career change? Receive your qualifications through flexible, online courses with promising career opportunities at the finish line
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Dental Radiographer
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Sterilisation Nurse
- Dental Therapy Assistant
- Dental Hygienist
- Dental Receptionist
What You'll Learn
- Prepare for and assist with dental procedures
- Assist with dental radiography
- Assist with administration in dental practice
- Take clinical photographs
- Apply principles of radiation biology and protection in a dental practice
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
Up to 24 months: up to 12 months to complete HLT35021 Certificate III in Dental Assisting and up to 12 months to complete HLT45021 Certificate IV in Dental Assisting (Dental Radiography)
- Students must complete HLT35021 Certificate III in Dental Assisting before commencing HLT45021 Certificate IV in Dental Assisting (Dental Radiography)
- Students may need to undertake a Working with Children check to meet individual work placement employer requirements. We will assist you in organising a work placement location of your choosing
- For mandatory work placement (350 hours, including an initial 50 hours completed in simulation), students must have access to a dental practice and a qualified supervisor i.e. a person who holds Certificate III in Dental Assisting or a higher relevant qualification
- To complete HLT45021 Certificate IV in Dental Assisting (Dental Radiography) students will need further access to a dental practice with relevant equipment, imaging equipment, patients, and staff to complete practical activities
- During these placement activities, students must have access to a suitably qualified supervisor i.e. a person who holds a Certificate IV in Dental Assisting or higher relevant qualification
- Knowledge questions
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drives the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study - Our courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length - whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support - Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrollment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses - Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number - 22557)