This qualification covers the fundamentals of early childhood development, education and care and is the minimum legal requirement for every child care worker in Australia.
Upon completion, you will have the skills, knowledge and experience to plan activities to promote children’s learning through play. These experiences will enable children to develop into confident and competent learners during their time spent at their Early Learning Centre.
As a result of the practical components of Practical Outcomes’ Early Childhood course, you will be ready to commence a career as an Early Childhood Educator, Kindergarten Educator, Outside School Hours Educator, Family Day Care Educator or Nanny/In-home Carer.
If you are considering studying an early childhood course at Practical Outcomes, we offer study via distance, workplace or traineeship in VIC. Our experienced and supportive trainers are passionate about delivering quality early childhood courses and relevant learning opportunities to you and will be with you every step of the way.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Early Learning Educator
- Kindergarten Assistant
- Family Day Care Educator
- Nanny/In-home carer
- Outside School Hours Care Educator
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 12 months
- To commence this program, your Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills must meet the required standards for ACSF LEVEL 2.
- Access to a computer and internet.
- You need to either provide a current Working With Children Check (WWCC) or provide evidence that you have applied for a WWCC.
- Evidence of COVID-19 vaccination is required to undertake practical placement in an early childhood education and care setting. For more information, check with your state health department website.
- Australian citizen/permanent resident, or a New Zealand passport holder who has been a resident in Australia for more than six months, or a person who holds an eligible visa.
NOTE: If you are unable to obtain a WWCC you will not be able to complete the requirements of the course.
- Ongoing support and communication are provided from our experienced and friendly trainers via phone, email and placement visits. Yes, we come to you!
- Studying at Practical Outcomes also provides loads of other benefits and inclusions such as dedicated learner support, language and literacy and numeracy support, learner community hubs, placement uniform and an interactive online portal
One of the benefits of studying with Practical Outcomes is our practical learning that will help you develop hands-on, real-life skills so you develop sector-ready confidence to succeed in the workplace!
- 180 hours (2 days per week, 7.5 hour days) must be completed in an education and care service
- For learners not currently working in the sector, these hours are incorporated into our programs through practical placement
- And, we even help you organise placement via our extensive sector centre network!
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Practical Outcomes provides Recognition of Prior learning. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) allows assessment of the learner’s previously unrecognised skills and knowledge.
Students will be issued with a certificate on completion of all units of competency within a qualification. Statements of attainment will be issued for partial completion.
About Practical Outcomes
Practical Outcomes is one of Australia’s leading Registered Training Organisations (RTO), with over 15 years of experience educating over 21,000 learners.
With many education providers in the market, we understand choosing the right provider can be difficult. At Practical Outcomes, we pride ourselves on being a leading compliant Registered Training Organisation (RTO), and to assist you in your own assessment of us, have published the following information providing transparency in our performance.
As a specialist education provider in early childhood education and care and school-aged education and care, our human-centred training is designed to enable learners to gain the job-ready knowledge, professional skills and confidence to make a difference in these essential sectors. Providing fully-accredited courses for both distance and in the workplace, our learners gain sector relevant skills supported by real-life practical and hands-on experience.
Education inspired by care and compassion.
Practical Outcomes is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO: 21857)