- Currently offering course discounts as part of our Study Now, Pay Later promotion.
Looking to begin your career in the fitness industry? The Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30321) is the minimum qualification required to commence working as a qualified Gym Instructor or Group Exercise Instructor.
Not everyone prefers to learn in the same way, so studying online is the best way to fit your learning around your busy lifestyle by using our interactive online learning platform or the AFA app. Study at your own pace, and from the comfort of your own home.
Online learning includes access to all course materials, with student support services available if you have any queries or require assistance with your coursework. You can contact our student support team as often as you like, and we’re very flexible in regards to adjusting your studies around your life and work commitments. Study from home, and start your new fitness career today, with the Australian Fitness Academy.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 12 months to complete
- 32 hours practical placement
- First Aid is a unit within the Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30321) — this online course does not include first aid.
- Students studying online in Victoria can arrange to complete the first aid unit at AFA (at an additional cost of $100).
- Alternatively, students can complete the first aid unit with another provider and supply a copy of the qualification to AFA to obtain a ‘credit’ for the unit.
- The required unit is HLTAID011 Provide first aid.
The Learner Management System will be your portal to all coursework, assessments, quizzes and student support. We’ll provide you with a schedule to help you plan your study time but there are no set dates in which modules need to be completed – this is completely self-managed.
- This course contains 32 hours of practical placement.
- The practical placement (work experience) is completed at an approved fitness centre under the supervision of a qualified mentor Personal Trainer.
- AFA is also partnered with 2XU, the industry leader in sports performance clothing, and once your placement gets underway, we will provide you with a custom uniform so you can look the part while completing your practical placement.
Recognition Of Prior Learning
RPL is available if you have studied a very similar course or degree, or have already undertaken many of the topics with another provider.
- Practical placements
- Case studies
- Written assessments
- Online quizzes
About Australian Fitness Academy
Australian Fitness Academy has been delivering fitness qualifications for over 29 years. Over this time we have discovered how students prefer to study and how to effectively integrate study into people’s lifestyles (through offering online and face-to-face courses), whilst not compromising on the standards of our courses. Our qualifications are nationally recognised, you can study from anywhere in Australia, and extensive student support services are in place to support you through your course and into a rewarding career in the fitness industry.
The Academy works with a large range of organisations to help people through their fitness studies from Employment Service Providers to Secondary Schools, Sporting Clubs and Fitness Centres. Over the years the Academy has built up a strong network of fitness industry relationships which help connect students to the industry through work placement and employment.
Australian Fitness Academy Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 21062)