Our Certificate IV in Ageing Support is the most up-to-date qualification available for individuals wanting to work in an Ageing Support Role.
Study the qualification in a supportive and caring environment. The trainers at Aged Care Training Services are passionate about making a difference to the lives of others particularly the elderly. This passion also extends to our students who have access to personalised support through their trainer which is a key component in developing the necessary skills required to deliver Ageing Support.
Demand v Supply for Aged Care services is reported to require ongoing recruitment to meet the care demands and to continue with the current ratio of aged care workers to people aged 85 plus (McCrindle, Community Services & Health Industry Skills Council Source: ABS, McCrindle).
Certificate IV in Ageing Support is a nationally accredited qualification and an industry endorsed program which has been created to provide training for people who are eager to gain employment as an aged care support worker.
Who's It For?
- Those looking for a career change
Whatever your reason for enrolling in this course, our qualified staff will ensure you are job ready to service the health and community sector
If you consider yourself to be dedicated and passionate about caring for others, want to understand ageing experiences and quality care then you should contact us today to Enrol!
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Personal Care Worker
- Aged Care Worker
- Care Service Employee
- Care Team Leader
- Community Care Worker
- Personal Care Assistant
What You'll Learn
Learning and assessment occurs in two distinct phases. The first phase includes virtual classroom learning, self-paced learning and theory-based assessment. This is followed by the practical placement phase where skills and knowledge are applied and practised and work-based assessment occurs. Relationships with practical placement partners are established and managed by Aged Care Training Services.
- Learning is scheduled as virtual face to face training sessions, with self-paced activities and completion of assignments scheduled in between classes. Training sessions will include theoretical learning as well as skills-based learning using simulated scenarios. Learners will also have the opportunity to visit a workplace to put their learning into context. Self-paced learning will include additional reading (pre and post sessions) and research and assigned learning activities
- The assessment in phase 1 includes a written response knowledge-based assessment at the end of each cluster
- Learning in phase 2 occurs in the workplace through the completion of day-to-day practical work tasks under the guidance and supervision of a nominated workplace supervisor during practical placement. Learners will also complete a workplace journal that includes assigned tasks and reflective activities to consolidate their learning practice and provide the assessor with supplementary evidence of the learner’s competency
- Workplace observation assessments will occur during scheduled visits to the workplace/ aged care facility by the assessor during phase 2 when an individual is ready to be assessed. The assessor will also gather feedback from the nominated workplace supervisor at the end of phase 2
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- The nominal hours for this course is 1240 hours
- 10-14 Months depending on a person’s prior experience
This course is delivered via a combination of-
- Virtual Face to Face Training Sessions 2 days per week
- 16 Hours of Self paced Learning per week
(Please note that practical placement is a mandatory component of achieving this qualification. In the event that COVID restrictions are enforced or government directives prohibit student placement in workplaces such as aged care facilities your course will take longer to achieve)
There are no prerequisites to gain entry into CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- For entry into this course, you will require adequate language, literacy and numeracy skills in English that allow you to read and interpret information, understand training, demonstrate leadership skills as well as provide and follow clear instructions, and prepare written assignments and documents for assessment.
- Students must obtain a police check/clearance
- Students must be 18 years of age
Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN)
- To ensure we meet your learning needs we will conduct an LLN before you enrol.
- No need to be discouraged about this as the LLN is a great tool to allow us to identify any extra support you may require.
- Practical Placement is an important part of your course- 160 hours of practical placement is required to achieve your qualification. It is a great opportunity to put all your knowledge into action and showcase your skills to a perspective employer
- We arrange your placement for you! We always aim to organise placement for you in a workplace that is aligned with your individual needs and aspirations and if possible conveniently located
- When individuals are undertaking placement they must wear a student uniform at all times. You will be required to dress in the attire as directed by the facility where the complete practical placement. We provide all learners with an ACTS polo shirt and name badge. Any requirements over and above this (such as pants and shoes, you will be required to organise for yourself and is not provided to you by ACTS
About Aged Care Training Services
We are a respected registered training organisation with a reputation of producing qualified personal care attendants who are well prepared and suited to a caring role in aged care.
Aged Care Training Services prepares learners so they can advance with confidence in their chosen career by:
Developing up to date and relevant course content in consultation with Industry experts and Health Care Providers
Responding to the needs of our learners by taking the time to ensure each individual’s learning plan is considered and where required guidance, further assistance or development time is organised
Timely delivery of training which assists individuals to develop the necessary skills, knowledge and attitude so as they are able to respond to many challenging and diverse environments in the context of delivering care. Aged Care Training Services is a well known and respected registered training organisation with a reputation of producing qualified personal care attendants who are well prepared and suited to a caring vocation
Aged Care Training Services is A Registered Training Organganistion (RTO #6127)