- This course is not CRICOS registered and is not available to Student Visa holders.
You may have completed your SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness and now want to go the extra mile and advance your career pathways in the health and fitness sphere. Expand on your qualifications and launch your personal training career with the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness.
This qualification will give you the skills required to train clients in a gym or become your own boss as a Personal Trainer. From the moment you graduate, you will have a competitive edge over others, equipped with a deeper understanding of the science behind fitness and training principles. Learning from real world fitness professionals, in a real gym environment, the Certificate IV in Fitness will refine your practices of client health and fitness assessment and specialised exercise programs, whilst extending your competencies in fitness planning, training legalities, motivational psychology. Come graduation, you will also have an added advantage over others, as this course has a large focus on business planning, preparing you with the tools needed to set up, manage and promote your own business.
As the minimum requirement needed to become a qualified Personal Trainer, this course is key for you to work as a hands-on fitness professional in gyms, health clubs, boot camps and a necessity to run your own personal training business.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Health clubs
- Your own personal training business
- Personal training franchises
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Alice Springs
- Gold Coast
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
Duration Study Load
You will need to have completed year 10, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
Entry into this qualification is open to individuals who hold competency through a recognised training program or recognition process against the following units:
- Provide health screening and fitness orientation (SISFFIT001)
- Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations (SISFFIT002)
- Instruct fitness programs (SISFFIT003)
- Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming (SISFFIT004)
- Provide healthy eating information (SISFFIT005)
- Conduct fitness appraisals (SISFFIT006)
- Instruct exercise to older clients (SISFFIT014)
- Provide quality service (SISXCCS001)
These units form part of the SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness.
Working with Children Check
In order to complete your Work Placement, you may be required to hold a current “Working with Children Check Clearance” issued by the relevant Responsible Authority in the State or Territory in which you will undertake this course. Please see the Student Handbook for more information.
First Aid Certificate
SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness has a mandatory pre-requisites of holding a valid First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003 Provide first aid) before commencement. This qualification needs to be completed through an external third party, and the cost of this external training is not included in any of your course fees. The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTO 3605) which provides First aid Training to AIPT students at a reduced price. Red Cross Australia is an independent third party training provider. AIPT acknowledges this is not the only Third Party Provider able to deliver accredited First Aid Training and students are encouraged to find the right provider for them.
- 100+ campus locations – We’re all around Australia, with locations near you
- Flexible payment options – A range of payment options to suit your lifestyle
- Learn from real fitness professionals, in real gyms – Designed to give you a most practical experience in a real gym environment
- Largest network of industry partnerships – The largest network of employers, fitness professionals and fitness business owners
When you enrol in SIS40215Certificate IV in Fitness with select Goodlife Health Clubs, Genesis Fitness Clubs, Core 24 Health Clubs and Club Lime, you will be given the opportunity to work as an independent contractor in one of these leading gym network partners within six months of graduation
#Terms and conditions apply to the Graduate Placement Assistance. Graduate Placements are offered by AIPT’s participating partner gym network as an independent contractor, within six months of certification, on the fulfilment of certain criteria. Criteria include successful graduation from a Certificate IV in Fitness SIS40215 or the Complete Personal Trainer^ program where the practical component has been completed at the relevant Partner Gym. The Complete Personal Trainer course incorporates both the core units of a Certificate III in Fitness SIS30315 and the Certificate IV in Fitness SIS40215. Graduate Placement Assistance is only available at participating partner/ affiliate gym partners in selected locations. Additional terms and conditions (including registration and independent contractor fees) apply to the Placement. Please contact the participating partner/affiliate gym partner for this information. Final acceptance may be cognisant on a successful interview with the Third Party Gym over which AIPT has no jurisdiction.
*This course contains a core unit, HLTAID003 Provide first aid, which must be completed through an external RTO. Australian Institute of Personal Trainers has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Red Cross Australia is a third party training provider who conduct training and assessment services on behalf of Australian Institute of Personal Trainers.
About Australian Institute of Personal Trainers
At the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) we are experts in wellness, nutrition and fitness, and equip our students with the best in online and face-to-face education. Established in 1999 alongside our partner Registered Training Organisation Foundation Education, we have grown from a handful of campuses in Queensland to over 150 campuses and an extensive network of Mentors Australia-wide.
When you study with AIPT you have access to:
Dedicated student support - Access to a dedicated team of Support Officers to make the transition into study as straightforward as possible.
Largest network of locations - We have the industry's largest network of gyms across Australia, ensuring we're in your area.
Flexible delivery options - We cater to all learning styles and offer flexible study options to suit everyone’s schedules, with a focus on practical learning and hands-on experience.
Australian Institute of Personal Trainers is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO - 32363)