Kick start an exciting career in HR with our nationally accredited BSB40420 Certificate IV in Human Resources Management. You’ll learn the core fundamentals of HR, how to put your people skills to good use and launch a successful career in HR support.
Almost every industry in Australia employs HR professionals, making it one of the most secure professions in the country. Over the next three years (to 2025) steady to strong growth is expected in this sector, creating around 18,000 job opportunities.
Who's It For?
This course is designed to suit beginners, as well as those with some experience in the industry. Starting with the basics, you will build a strong foundation of HR skills that you can use to launch your career, formalise your current experience or move into a different role within your organisation.
If you are an existing worker or have experience in the related industry, please inform our enrolment consultants during your enrolment conversation. You may be eligible to enrol as an existing worker and complete your studies faster. Please note – limitations do apply.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Human Resources Administrator
- Human Resources Assistant
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Human Resources Officer
What You'll Learn
- Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
- Write complex documents
- Lead effective workplace relationships
- Support HR functions and processes
- Coordinate key stages of an employee lifecycle like the recruitment and onboarding, remuneration and benefits, and separation and termination
- Support employee and industrial relations procedures
- Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- Administer performance development processes, and support the learning and development for teams and individuals
- Undertake projects
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Self-paced – maximum of 18 months
- Recommended hours per week: 23.5h
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- We understand that you may already have many skills and areas of expertise that you have obtained in different ways and these are recognised through our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process
- Multiple choice Quiz
- Role plays
- Work Placement
- Written assignments
Your learning materials are accessed through our online platform OpenSpace. These learning materials include:
- Learning content
- Additional resources
- Learning activities
About Open Colleges
Open Colleges puts you at the centre of everything we do. As an institution, we measure our success in the success of our students.
We have more than 125 years of experience in distance education, and this has given us the time to perfect the ways we deliver education and training to people across Australia. In the last decade alone, we’ve helped more than 450,000 students reach their potential.
We understand the needs of adult learners. That’s why we created OpenSpace, our world-class online learning platform that gives you complete flexibility and control to study whenever and wherever you are. OpenSpace provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, a superior support network and the opportunity to connect with other learners just like you.
Our nationally recognised courses could help you launch, change or accelerate your career. Now is the time to make your next move. With Open Colleges, everything could happen.
Open Colleges Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 90796)