If you’re looking to establish your own business or set yourself up for a workplace promotion, this qualification is designed to help you stand out from the crowd and achieve long term career success. By addressing the broad skills needed in dynamic business environments, AIM’s BSB50120 Diploma of Business covers many of the essential knowledge areas required to operate effectively in the Australian business landscape. With an emphasis on real-world business practice, it will equip you for a career in management by enhancing your understanding of business operations, teamwork and self-management while developing capabilities in problem-solving, effective communication and continuous improvement.
Who's It For?
- If you’d like to be able to effectively manage the work of others while adding value and reviewing management practices, this qualification is applicable to a broad range of roles across multiple industries and disciplines
- Students undertaking this qualification may already possess substantial experience with sound theoretical business skills and knowledge, and are seeking to further develop their skills across a range of business functions
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Executive Officer
- Community Service
- Education and Training
- Health Care
- Social Assistance
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration Study Load
- 12 months
Online Study and Support through Self-paced Online Modules
- Studying online has never been easier or more convenient than through AIM’s state-of-the-art virtual campus, myAIM. Via the portal myAIM, students gain access to online learning materials, recorded webinars for content and assessments, case studies, eBooks, learning tasks, videos, resources, and practice questions, all working to guiding and training the learner to successfully complete the course requirements. You can take each step of your qualification at your own pace, connect with others in online forums, and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams
- 18 years + of age
- Education level minimum year 12 or Certificate IV
- Work experience and access to workplace
- Technologically literate
- English proficiency
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- Recognition of skills and knowledge gained through previous studies, work, and life experiences may be used to award competency for Units of Competency within this qualification
About Australian Institute of Management
The Australian Institute of Management (AIM) empowers individuals and organisations to adapt and thrive in the face of relentless change.
Since 1941, AIM has supported Australia’s workforce through the provision of innovative and industry-focused education solutions. Our portfolio of short courses, qualifications, and higher education is constantly evolving to ensure we are best positioned to support our customers.
Commitment and dedication to the advancement of Australia’s workforce is at the core of AIM and defines our organisational values.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); Ground floor, 7 Macquarie Place, Sydney NSW 2000. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071, and an approved FEE-HELP provider.