- Please note: This is a fee-for-service program
Take your career in early childhood education to the next level.
The CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care is the qualification that will enable you to build on your knowledge and experience, and move up into a variety of leadership roles.
This course develops your ability to foster holistic early childhood learning, development and wellbeing in children, implement strategies for the inclusion of all children, manage team effectiveness and much more.
The CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care reflects the role of educators in early childhood education and care who work in regulated children’s education and care services in Australia.
Educators at this level are responsible for designing and implementing a curriculum that meets the requirements of an approved learning framework. With a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care, you’ll be successfully prepared to take on more senior roles in the early childhood education environment.
Who's It For?
Already working in childcare?
This course will provide you with qualifications to increase your responsibilities and help you turn your passion into a career filled with opportunities.
Ready to lead?
With a nationally recognised qualification, you’ll be able to put your experience into practice and play a greater role in leading others.
Looking to learn more skills?
Get your training through a flexible, online course that will significantly expand your skillset in just 18 months.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Lead Educator
- Childcare Director
- Educational Leader
- Group Leader
- Assistant Director
What You'll Learn
- Analyse information to inform children’s learning
- Plan and implement children’s education and care curriculum
- Develop and use emotional intelligence
- Support the learning and development of teams and individuals
And much more!
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Up to 18 months to complete 15 units of theory online.
Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who hold a:
- CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care or
- CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care.
Students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
- Students must apply for their Working with Children check at course commencement.
- For mandatory work placement (280 hours), students must have access to a regulated education and care provider in Australia, with an appropriate range of work tasks and ratios of children, AND access to a qualified supervisor (i.e. a person who holds a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care or equivalent).
- Where required, we will assist you in organising a work placement location of your choosing.
Flexible Online Study
Our courses are delivered online, so you can study whenever and wherever suits you.
Dedicated Student Support
Our Support Officers, Assessors and experienced education avisors will support you from enrolment through to graduation.
Course material is developed in consultation with education experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
- 280 hours of practical assessment work in a regulated children’s education and care service in Australia.
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Given that some students may already be able to demonstrate their competence in some units, a recognition of prior learning (RPL) assessment process may be available to students to recognise skills and knowledge that may have been gained through formal and informal training and/or learning, work experience and life experience.
- Knowledge questions
- Case study
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drives the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study - Our courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length - whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support - Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrollment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses - Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number - 22557)