- It is a fee-for-service course. VET student loans and payment plans are available
If you are after a satisfying career where you want to make a positive impact in young people’s lives and help them achieve their goals, our Diploma of Youth Work course will help you on the way of becoming a Youth Worker.
The Diploma of Youth Work course will develop your skills to build strong relationships and mentor young adults and youth who may require support.
The course covers aspects that address the social, behavioural, health, welfare, developmental and protection needs of young people. You will learn how to mentor and promote the well-being of young people, how to develop and implement youth programs/events and much more.
Our Diploma of Youth Work course has a written and practical component in which you will receive a dedicated trainer team support throughout your studies. To achieve the Diploma of Youth Work qualification we will ensure you are assigned 160 hours of work placement experience to apply the skills and knowledge you have gained in a real-world setting.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Community Development Officer
- Family Support Worker
- Welfare Worker
- Disability Services
What You'll Learn
Our CHC50413 Diploma of Youth Work course covers a range of content including; Cultural Safety, Community Development, Advocacy Services, Cases Management, Mental Health, Youth Work, Youth Programs, Youth Crises and More.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Western Australia
Duration Study Load
12 months with the opportunity to extend.
- This course is offered fully online with practical assessments delivered through Video Conferencing and our Purpose Practicals service. 160 hours of work placement is also required to complete this qualification
TrainSmart Australia will assess a student’s ‘academic suitability’ to ensure the student has the best chance of success. This is determined by either:
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of an Australian year 12 certificate; or,
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of a Certificate IV qualification (or above) that can be verified or,
- The student completing the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy.
You will receive dedicated trainer team support throughout your studies, with access to our student forums.
- There are 160 hours of work placement required for this course. We have a Work Placement Coordinator who can assist you in finding work placement
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- To find out if you are eligible to apply for RPL please fill out an Enquiry Form
Assessments are by way of written assignments and have a practical component. To achieve this qualification, you will be required to complete a range of practical activities (simulation exercises) either online or face-to-face.
TrainSmart Australia will give you advance notice so you can make necessary arrangements to ensure you are able to participate in these practical activities.
This community services course requires 160 hours of work placement in an appropriate organisation. TrainSmart Australia assists to identify a suitable organisation or the student may nominate an organisation of their choice.
You will learn how to communicate effectively with young people from all different backgrounds and how to identify those young adults who may be at risk. You’ll also look at ways to support young people through mental health issues or if they are dealing with crisis situations.
About TrainSmart Australia
For more than ten years, TrainSmart Australia has helped thousands of people from all different backgrounds to achieve their career goals. We pride ourselves on our stellar reputation and commitment to helping our students get their foot in the door of their chosen industry. Whether you want to upskill to make yourself more employable in your field, or you’re looking to change careers altogether, TrainSmart Australia offers a wide range of courses that are sure to suit your needs.
All our courses are approved and accredited by both the government and relevant industry bodies, which means you’ll be ready to hit the ground running.
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)