More than ever, businesses need strong financial foundations to grow, to defend market positions, and to survive. Build on your current financial skillset or gain the financial skills to expand your horizons, the Graduate Certificate in Finance from VU Online will set you up for the next stage in your career.
The Graduate Certificate in Finance helps you to develop a toolkit for making sound financial decisions and to acquire the enterprise skills employers are looking for and lays the foundation for further postgraduate study. This course covers four core areas of finance and financial management, equipping you with the understanding and industry knowledge to add provable value to organisations of all sizes.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Senior Payroll Officer
- Office Manager
- Head of Finance
- General Manager
- Hospital Administrator
- Practice Manager
What You'll Learn
- Gain enterprise skills: All course content is written with a strong and consistent emphasis on employability, ensuring it meets industry standards and delivers the enterprise skills employers demand
- Know what to expect from each unit: Highly consistent unit design helps you to anticipate assessment due dates, online office hours/seminars
- Learn from industry leaders: You will benefit from the unique industry connections of our academics and facilitators, as well as VU’s strong reputation in the business community
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 8 months part-time
- Units: 4 (7 weeks each)
- This degree is offered through VU Online’s postgraduate Block Model, winner of the LearnX Live! Award 2020 ‘Best Online Learning Model’
- Instead of taking two or three units a semester, you will study one unit at a time in six study periods per year. This offers you more flexibility than traditional on-campus degrees and the opportunity to immerse yourself in your study
- At VU Online, we take a personalised 1:1 approach to online learning, which makes learning with us highly interactive and supported
- VU Online provides you with the academic support you need, when you need it, throughout the course. With four layers of student support, our goal is to ensure you succeed in your studies
- Our highly experienced academics understand how to deliver a quality online learning experience and are responsive and accessible
- You will also have access to a dedicated Student Success Advisor, who provides motivation and one-on-one personalised assistance with non-academic matters for the duration of the course. You will experience the support of a community through chat, virtual seminars and discussion board activity. Your support network is only a phone call or email away
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a similar discipline; OR
- Applicants with a minimum of 5 years of approved work experience will be considered for admission to this course
- Award-winning study model: Our award-winning postgraduate Block Model recognises the complexity of students’ lives while giving a consistent, manageable and connected online learning experience. Earn your Master of Nursing faster than on-campus, with our unique study model
- No exams or textbooks to purchase: The online units have been designed with a student-centred approach that spans from the overarching learning outcomes to the engaging activities and self-determined assessments
- Support 7 days and in the evenings: Get the support you need, when you need it, during your course. Our support network has a single focus on ensuring you are entirely supported to succeed
About Victoria University Online
Internationally recognised as a leading university, Victoria University (VU) is ranked among the top two per cent of universities worldwide.
At VU Online, we make it easy to fit study around existing commitments including work, family and children. Our programs are delivered through VU Online’s postgraduate Block Model, winner of the LearnX Live! Award 2020 ‘Best Online Learning Model’.
Our postgraduate online Block Model is designed to be flexible, interactive and student-centred. Instead of taking two or three units a semester, you will study one unit at a time, offering you more flexibility than traditional on-campus degrees.
Our online learning platform is a virtual one-stop shop that helps you manage your study commitments 24/7. You will be able to access your coursework, resources, assignment details and individual feedback from facilitators, all in one place.
- A genuine online learning community
- Interactive, immersive learning - no exams or textbooks to purchase
- Delivered by experienced academics and facilitators
- 1:1 support via phone, email or SMS, seven days a week and in the evenings