The Graduate Diploma of Sport Management (GDSM) has been developed based on extensive consultation with experts in the field. This provides you with not only a post-graduate degree but also crucial work experience that aligns with industry requirements and expectations. The unique emphasis is on equipping students with the skills and knowledge required to add value in a management role in the sport industry.
The course is also designed to accommodate part-time study, allowing students to move between full-time and part-time depending on other commitments.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- CEO or General Manager
- Chief Operations Officer or operations manager
- Membership manager
- Events and/or competitions manager
- Marketing manager
- Sales manager
- Community engagement manager
- Communications manager
- Club development manager
- Coaching and/or officials manager
- Volunteers manager
- Sponsorship and/or partnerships manager
- Development manager
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Less than 6 months full-time
This course is for individuals working towards management roles in the sport industry. You will have to meet the following requirements:
Have at least two years’ work experience in the industry – you must provide a resume, a reference from your employer confirming your employment and experience, and a personal statement about your readiness for higher education studies.
You will need to provide one of the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognised higher education provider or an equivalent recognised overseas qualification with demonstrated proficiency in English;
- An Associate Diploma, Diploma, or Advanced Diploma from a recognised provider qualification, combined with at least two years of industry experience (you are required to provide a resume and a reference from an employer confirming your employment and experience, together with a personal statement about your readiness for undertaking higher education studies);
- Demonstration to the Dean’s satisfaction of good selection prospects as a student (you are required to provide: a resume confirming at least five years of relevant employment and experience; at least two professional references; and a personal statement about your readiness for undertaking higher education studies), and ineligibility to compete for admission based on the above academic achievement criteria.
This course is available to international students.
Further study options
- Masters of Sport Management
About Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE)
Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is Australia's leading sport education provider that is renowned for its specialist accredited degree and diploma programs.
Since our story began in 1917, many students have become respected and admired sport professionals. ACPE’s work-ready experience placements, unit delivery with industry experts, Elite Athlete Program, and Scholarships are just some of the ways we help students reach their fullest potential and achieve a sustainable long-term career.
We outshine our competitors based on the Quality Indicators of Learning and Teaching (QILT) Student Experience Survey, which is run by the Government. This is important because it tells you what our current students have said about their experiences at ACPE.
Compared to other universities and education providers, ACPE is rated in the top 15 for the overall quality of the student experience in 2021. We achieved a 94.4% rating for teaching quality, 88.5% for the quality of the overall student experience, and 92.9% for student support - significantly ahead - making ACPE the leading provider of sport, health, and dance courses in Australia.
Located at Sydney Olympic Park, we are surrounded by sport organisations and industry partners presenting opportunities at our doorstep. We are FEE-HELP approved and not ATAR dependent. Turn your passion for sport into a career. Why go anywhere else?
ACPE CRICOS provider code (01822J)