Get the tech skills, career advice and networking opportunities needed to advance your career in Product Management, in ten weeks. Some of the companies that have hired GA grads in Australia are: REA Group, XERO, Culture Amp, MYOB, Macquarie Bank and National Australia Bank (NAB).
General Assembly’s Product Management short course is designed to help you balance business viability, technical feasibility, and customer desire to lead products and features toward long-term success. The short-course is led by instructors who are expert practitioners in their field.
By completing this course you will learn the end-to-end product management (PM) process to a real-world scenario, from evaluating users and managing a roadmap to creating a minimum viable product (MVP) and developing metrics.
Who's It For?
The General Assembly Product Management course is the best option for new product managers, entrepreneurs, and others exploring a career that bridges business, design, and tech. You’ll find a diverse range of students in the classroom, including:
- New product managers who may have been recently promoted into the role or have been informally taking on PM tasks
- Entrepreneurs applying product management principles to their own start-up, and other professionals undertaking passion projects on the side
- Non-PM professionals such as UX designers, engineers, and project managers who work with product teams and are looking to build fluency in the discipline
Ultimately, this program attracts a community of eager learners who have an interest in working cross-functionally and bringing successful products to life.
What You'll Learn
This is a beginner-friendly program with no prerequisites, although students may have had exposure to product development concepts or be informally taking on Project Management responsibilities in their current role. Throughout this expert-designed program, you’ll:
- Determine key risks and assumptions of a product in order to prioritize research and discovery work
- Validate hypotheses by gathering user feedback via MVPs, interviews, experiments, and testing
- Execute competitive research to highlight market gaps and trends
- Speak fluently with developers, user experience designers, and other business stakeholders about priorities, requirements, and workflow
- Apply metrics alongside objectives and key results (OKRs) to measure a product’s success and track its life cycle
- Apply what you’ve learned to create a portfolio project: a presentation detailing your product creation strategy
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration Study Load
- 10 weeks part-time
- You will be expected to spend time working on homework and projects outside of class hours each week, but the workload is designed to be manageable alongside a full-time job
- Online instructor led sessions and self-paced lessons
- Instructor feedback and support provided in real time
- Complete real life projects to showcase your skills
- Powered by Zoom and Slack which mirrors most common workspaces
- Expert instruction in the skills you need to become a Product Manager
- Self-paced pre-work to help you hit the ground running on day one of class
- Robust coursework, including expert-vetted lesson decks, project toolkits, and more
- A professional-grade portfolio of projects taken from concept to completion — each mirroring real life problems — that allows you to showcase your job readiness
- Individual feedback and guidance from instructors during office hours
- Connections with a global professional network of instructors and peers that lasts well beyond the course
For your final project, you’ll apply all of the concepts and tools learned in the course to develop a product or feature of your choice. You’ll get hands-on practice with each step in the Project Management process and create professional-standard documentation spanning market research, prototyping, health metrics, and more. You’ll also deliver a final presentation, which can serve as a case study for stakeholders, future employers, and your portfolio.
Throughout this product management training course, you’ll also complete a number of smaller projects based on real-world examples that are designed to reinforce what you’ve learned in each unit.
Upon completing this course, you will receive a signed certificate of completion. Thousands of General Assembly alumni use their course certificate to demonstrate their job ready skills to potential employers — including the General Assembly network of 19K+ hiring partners — along with their LinkedIn networks.
About General Assembly
Since 2011, General Assembly has graduated more than 40,000 students worldwide from the full time & part time courses. During the 2020 hiring shutdown, GA's students, instructors, and career coaches never lost focus, and the KPMG-validated numbers in their Outcomes report reflect it. *For students who graduated in 2020 — the peak of the pandemic — 74.4% of those who participated in GA's full-time Career Services program landed jobs within six months of graduation. General Assembly is proud of their grads + teams' relentless dedication and to see those numbers rising.