- Only available in selected major cities and surrounding areas:
- Adelaide, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney
Naturopathy is a whole medical system combining theory (philosophy and principles) and practise that uses an array of natural therapies to support healing and maintain health.
Naturopaths aim to treat the underlying causes of illness and disease. The core principle of “healing through nature” guides the naturopath’s use of nutrition, dietary counselling, herbal medicine, manual therapies, flower essences, lifestyle education and homeopathy.
Students experience a holistic learning environment, broadening their studies across biological sciences in order to understand the human body and its functions. The importance is also placed on social sciences including psychology and counselling, nutrition and dietary planning, botany and herbal medicine studies, diagnostic techniques and clinical skills and extensive clinical practice in Endeavour’s Teaching Clinics.
Many naturopath’s work in private practises, managing their own business and personal clients. Naturopaths may also work in multi-disciplinary clinics, health food stores, pharmacies and day spas or retreats as practitioners.
Graduates are eligible for professional recognition with several Australian natural health associations and can expand into other industries, such as product development, education, professional writing, natural health research and product sales and marketing.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- South Australia
- Gold Coast
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
Duration Study Load
- Full-time – 4 years
- Part-time – 8 years
Endeavour College offers the flexibility to commence all 1st year subjects online with an updated digital delivery model. With the support of online tutors and a robust Learning Management System, you can fit study around your work and/or personal commitments.
To support learning, students attend practical classes where they are expected to practise interviewing and case assessment techniques, as well as physical clinical examination and treatment procedures. This is conducted under the supervision of qualified instructors and with respect for privacy, cultural and religious differences. Students gain significant clinical experience at Endeavour’s Teaching Clinics under the supervision of qualified practitioners.
In the clinics, students will develop and hone all skills required for professional clinical practise (and to run a successful clinic after graduation), including patient assessment and management, patient recruitment and continuity of care dispensary management and provide the full spectrum of naturopathic clinical care.
To gain entry to an accredited undergraduate course at Endeavour College, applicants must satisfy the general requirements and other entry requirements by type of background.
General Requirements – All Applicants
All domestic applicants, regardless of background, must meet the following requirements:
- Must be willing to attend an admissions interview upon submission of enrolment paperwork (in person or via teleconference / Skype)
- Must be 18 years of age within the first period of study
- Must meet self-declared minimum computer literacy standards and have unrestricted access to the internet and a personal email account
- Must read and understand the Inherent Course Requirements for the course into which they are seeking admission and accept them prior to enrolment in the course
- For Bachelor of Health Science courses which involve clinical practicum subjects, a valid Working with Children Check (or its equivalent) will be normally required to be supplied to the College prior to the second period of study. If the applicant knows of any reason why they will not pass a Working with Children Check, they should not apply for entry to these courses.
Additional applicant background entry requirements (including English language and international students) are available through enquiring with the College.
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Graduates of the Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy) may apply for membership with the following professional associations:
- Australian Natural Therapists Association (ANTA)
- Australian Naturopathic Practitioners Association (ANPA)
- Australian Register of Naturopaths and Herbalists (ARONAH)
- Australian Traditional Medicine Society (ATMS)
- Complementary Medicine Association (CMA)
- National Herbalists Association of Australia (NHAA)
- Practical/clinical skills demonstration
- Tutorial participation
- Introduces concepts of human physiology, anatomy and homeostasis within cellular, tissue and system levels, including nervous, muscular, skeletal and endocrine
- Introduces basic concepts of chemistry and biochemistry needed to understand chemical homeostasis at cellular, tissue and system levels
- History and philosophy of health paradigms from early human existence to present day. Current public health is explored
- Foundations of Communication and Counselling. Introduces communication, counselling and interpersonal skills for a natural medicine practitioner
- Introduces the student to the principles, philosophy, and assessment and treatment planning frameworks of Naturopathy, including practical application of the concepts learned through case studies
About Endeavour College of Natural Health
Endeavour College of Natural Health has been providing Vocational and Higher Education courses in Natural Health since 1975.
Our vision is to promote and advance the philosophy and practise of natural medicine and wellbeing by producing high-quality graduates who will go on to be leaders in their fields of practise. We are dynamic and innovative whilst maintaining traditional wisdom in both a digital and practical learning environment.
Endeavour is a direct entry College with no ATAR requirements. You can apply to study with us at any time and join one of 12 monthly online intakes for our Bachelor of Health Science degrees (in Acupuncture Therapies, Chinese Medicine, Naturopathy & Nutrition), Diploma of Health Science or Undergraduate Certificates. Vocational Education courses (such as Remedial Massage) are offered 4 times a year.
Enquire about one of our courses today for more information on enrolling with Endeavour College of Natural Health!
Endeavour College of Natural Health is a trading name of Australian College of Natural Medicine Pty Ltd which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 31489)