Prepare yourself to work in a range of community service areas such as Aged Care, Disability, Youth Work and more.
The social and community services sector is predicted to experience strong growth over the next 5 years with an excess of 50,000 job openings expected. This is due to increased support for the sector through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
By completing this intermediate level qualification, you will learn about case management, individual needs planning, health and well-being strategies, working with disabilities, cultural diversity, working with at-risk individuals and facilitating accurate referrals to specialist services. Work may include day-to-day support of individuals in community settings or support the implementation of specific community-based programs.
Our highly-experienced trainers provide guidance and support every step of the way, to ensure you have the knowledge and practical skills you need to work in this field.
Who's It For?
This course has been designed for those who would like to further their career in Community Services. During this qualification you will learn how to provide emotional and practical support in a range of situations, facilitating accurate referrals to specialist services.
If you want a course that will best assist you in furthering your career in Community Services with flexible study options and supportive training, this qualification may be for you!
What You'll Learn
- Have direct contact with clients
- Identify presenting needs
- Refer to appropriate services and support
- Provide day-to-day support
- Assist with entitlements and benefits under the broad direction of others
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 12 months full-time or 24 months part-time.
- This qualification is delivered via a combination of online and face-to-face learning. In circumstances where face-to-face learning is not available, structured online tutorials and virtual classrooms will be utilised.
- Online study gives you the flexibility to fit your study around your existing commitments while still having the support of industry experts.
- Please contact us for further information regarding the current course schedule.
- There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
- Prior to enrolling, your proficiency in language, literacy and numeracy will be assessed to determine what level of support you may need to assist you through your study program.
- Students will need to provide their own laptop, internet connection and download Microsoft Teams (free app).
- Written assessment
- Practical and class participation components
Government Funding Available
In Queensland funding is available through the Queensland Governments Higher Level Skills Program which provides eligible individuals with access to a subsidised training place in selected Certificate IV level qualifications and above in selected skill sets.
Student’s eligible for Government Funding pay co-contribution tuition fees as follows:
- Non-Concession: $100*
- Concession: $50*
* Eligibility criteria apply.
*Electives subject to change.
About Look Now Training
In a world where jobs, careers and futures are changing and evolving constantly, Look Now Training prides itself on ensuring that we are providing our students with the knowledge, skills and experience to step directly out of our training courses and into meaningful employment.
Based on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Look Now Training has built a strong legacy of Vocational Education and Training and teaches students from all walks of life and cultural backgrounds. Currently, an average of two-thirds of our graduating students gain employment within 4 weeks of graduating or go on to further study.
Last year Look Now Training had a student satisfaction rate of 91.4%.
We have strong relationships with local employers and each year place students in industry placements, traineeships and permanent positions through these relationships.
Look Now Training is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #31827).