- Only Australian citizens or residents are eligible to apply for this course. We are not CRICOS registered and are unable to accept enrolments from International Student Visa holders (Subclass 500)
Demand for childcare is on the rise in Australia, with population forecasts estimating there will be 2.2 million children aged under 5 years in Australia by 2031, and 2.6 million by 2051. This population growth is driving increasing demand for early childhood educators. Up to 50% of workers in regulated early childhood education and care centres are Certificate III qualified early childhood educators. The Australian Skills Priority List identifies this as a profession with a current worker shortage and strong future demand.
Kirana Colleges is excited to be one of the first training providers offering students the NEW and improved CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care. This nationally recognised qualification is for those that want to work as an educator in any licensed centre-based service such as long daycare, preschool, kindergarten, or family daycare. You may also go on to study a higher-level course before gaining employment.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Early Childhood Educator
- Family Care Educator
- Outside School Hours Care Educator
- Playground Supervisor
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 12 months
- Early Childhood Education and Care qualifications consist of a range of practical tasks and in order to meet workplace experience and job role expectations, students should be physically, mentally and emotionally healthy to meet duty of care obligations
- There are no course requirements for this qualification, but it is preferred that the students have obtained a minimum of a School Certificate or equivalent
- Access to Canvas – Kirana Colleges virtual campus
- Work Placement Assistance – team dedicated to assisting with work placement during your course which may, in turn, to lead to future job prospects
- Welcome placement & job ready packs to assist with work placement
- 24-7 access to the Student Assistance Program (counselling support & advice, delivered by Access EAP)
- Kirana provides both telephone and face to face support
- Student support services, where students can receive support or assistance in the use of Canvas or other administrative enquiries
- Access to leading industry trainers and assessors who care about how you progress in the course
- Flexible learning options: online or blended
- Our online learning is interactive and encourages collaboration for when you want to be inspired by like-minded students and teachers
To achieve CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, students are required to be found competent in a total of 17 units (15 core units and 2 elective units).
About Kirana Colleges
At Kirana Colleges we believe you can change the world by starting with yourself.
Vocational education plays a critical role in creating a strong and healthy economy by equipping people with the skills they need to succeed. Kirana Colleges provides work-ready courses and qualifications that help build Australia’s economy and help graduates reach their potential by equipping them with the skills and ‘can do’ attitude employers are looking for.
Kirana Colleges nurtures people to reach their potential and create positive change in individuals, which leads to a better society in which to live and work. We’re focused on delivering the training outcomes our students and business need to thrive.
Kirana Colleges is a subsidiary brand of Kirana Education Group.
Maxis Solutions Pty Ltd (RTO 91428) is a Registered Training Organisation and will be awarding the qualification on completion.