- This course has been superseded and the transition date is 31.12.2024.
Our government-funded SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality Traineeship covers RSA, food handlers’ certificate (RSF), bar, cocktail making, speed pouring, beer pouring, coffee making, food and beverage service, wine knowledge, how to open & close, coaching and presentations.
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Melbourne CBD
Duration Study Load
This course is made up of 12 x 4 hr fortnightly practical sessions at your workplace (if completed as a group) or in our training facility. Plus, self-paced online theory and 36 service periods. The average duration of this course is 12 months.
You will need to be registered as a trainee with your employer and the VRQA. We can discuss options with you and your employer, if this course delivery option is not suitable we have other funded skill sets and qualifications that may be more suitable.
- Individuals may enter this course with limited or no vocational experience and without a lower level qualification. However, it is strongly recommended that individuals undertake lower-level qualifications, and/or gain industry experience prior to entering the qualification
- You must be over the age of 18 to undertake this course, and need to have access to a workplace, if you wish to complete this as a trainee.
- Students need access to computers, email and the internet to complete this qualification
Recognition Of Prior Learning
You can ask for your relevant existing skills, qualifications and experience to be assessed and taken into account when your level of competency is being assessed. There will be a cost associated, refer to statement of fees and charges. RPL is not covered by government funding.
There will be a number of theory assessments on our learning management system, projects, skills testing and observations that your assessor will use to determine your competency. We will conduct regular workplace visits.
If you need extra support you can book a one-on-one appointment with our student support trainer.
Credit transfer (CT)
If you have previously completed any of the units that feature in your Serve It Up course, we can give you credit and you will not have to repeat the unit. There is no associated cost but you will need to complete a credit transfer application.
After completing this course you may wish to go on to our Certificate IV Hospitality. Units can be credit transferred and funding may also be available if eligible.
About Serve It Up
Specialising in nationally accredited training for Hospitality and Leadership and Management, Serve It Up (SIU) is a trusted RTO with 10 years’ experience in training, supporting and inspiring students to succeed in their chosen pathway. We believe in real skills for real jobs, we take the extra time to customise our course materials and create new and innovative ways of delivering course content.
As a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), qualifications completed with SIU are recognised nationally. Qualifications achieved through the Australian VET system are also very highly regarded internationally. Our mission is to provide pathways into industry and to contribute to a successful, skilled and innovative workforce.
While employment is not guaranteed, SIU has it’s own Café & Restaurant “Hunters and Disciples” located in the new state of the art training facility in West Melbourne. All students have the opportunity to complete voluntary shifts in this venue to get real experience to help them get a job.
SIU also has connections with large Melbourne pub groups, bars, restaurants, recruitment agencies and industry associations, keeping us up-to-date with industry trends and providing better job opportunities for our students.
SIU offers high-quality training both face to face and via a blended online model, offering students options to undertake our courses in a way that best suits their lifestyle.
Our trainers are dedicated and highly qualified with extensive practical industry experience and committed to providing quality outcomes to our students and ensuring that all training is both engaging and an enjoyable experience.
Our student support team are extremely passionate and committed to helping students succeed. They are always on hand to help with any questions and provide students with the support they may need to complete the course satisfactorily, especially if circumstances change.
Serve It Up Training Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 22542)