Take your passion for caring to the next level and upgrade your career!
The health and aged care sector are experiencing strong growth, with the Australian Government expecting more than 50,000 job openings in the industry over the next five years. This course will give you the skills to complete specialised tasks and functions in aged care services either in residential, home or community-based environments.
Learn how to effectively liaise with other healthcare professionals and supervise fellow workers. Other skills covered include how to respond holistically to client issues and coordinate person-centred services for older people.
Who's It For?
This course is for people working in the aged care sector who wish to take on higher-level duties and progress their careers to the next level.
Our highly experienced teaching team of Aged and Community Care specialists provide one-on-one guidance and support you every step of the way to ensure you have the knowledge and skills needed to successfully move forward in the industry.
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Delivered over 18 months: Course duration will be reduced by credit transfer of units already completed in CHC33015.
- This qualification is delivered via a combination of online, face-to-face and work-based learning.
- To gain your qualification, students are required to complete a minimum of 120 hours of work in an aged care setting.
- Work-based learning purposefully merges theory with practise to provide students with real-life work experiences where they can apply academic and technical skills and develop their employability.
- Learners must already hold a CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support and be working in the aged care sector.
- Prior to enrolling your proficiency in language, literacy and numeracy will be assessed to determine any support requirements.
- You will need access to a computer with an internet connection.
- 120 hours of work in an aged care facility.
- Written assessment
- Class participation components.
Government Funding Available
In Queensland funding is available through the Queensland Governments Higher Level Skills Program which provides eligible individuals with access to a subsidised training place in selected Certificate IV level qualifications and above in selected skill sets.
Student’s eligible for Government Funding pay co-contribution tuition fees as follows:
- Non-Concession: $250*
- Concession: $150*
* Eligibility criteria apply.
*Electives subject to change.
About Look Now Training
In a world where jobs, careers and futures are changing and evolving constantly, Look Now Training prides itself on ensuring that we are providing our students with the knowledge, skills and experience to step directly out of our training courses and into meaningful employment.
Based on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Look Now Training has built a strong legacy of Vocational Education and Training and teaches students from all walks of life and cultural backgrounds. Currently, an average of two-thirds of our graduating students gain employment within 4 weeks of graduating or go on to further study.
Last year Look Now Training had a student satisfaction rate of 91.4%.
We have strong relationships with local employers and each year place students in industry placements, traineeships and permanent positions through these relationships.
Look Now Training is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #31827).