Make a difference in your community and enjoy a rewarding career.
If you want to help others in your community improve their lives and enjoy a rewarding career, consider studying the CHC43215 Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs. The Australian Government is putting more resources into this area and the number of professionals required to work in this field is expected to increase three-fold over the next decade.
Giving back to your community can be very rewarding.
This qualification prepares you for an entry-level role in the alcohol and other drugs sector, where you will provide services and interventions to clients with drug and alcohol dependency. The course will teach you how to provide a range of services and interventions for clients with AOD and other complex care issues.
Who's It For?
- The CHC43215 Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs is ideal for people who are looking for a rewarding career helping others improve their lives who have been affected by alcohol and/or other drugs
- This course is for those wishing to work within the health sector, including drug and alcohol issues
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Community Support Worker
- Alcohol and Drugs Worker
- Case Worker
What You'll Learn
- You will learn the principles of recovery-oriented practice, communication techniques to build and maintain relationships, and you will learn how to support people with alcohol and other drug issues
- There will be advice on skills and techniques which you can implement to promote recovery and well-being
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration Study Load
- 12 months: 4 x 10-week terms
- This is a blended course. Your learning resources are available online, and you will have weekly virtual face to face training workshops each term and one-on-one mentoring with your trainer (virtual, phone)
- You will have the support of a trainer/assessor throughout your studies
- This is combined with online self-paced learning (we recommend 15 hours per week)
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Has completed their education to a level which is equivalent to an Australian Senior High School Year 12 or has completed an AQF Certificate IV level qualification
- Have suitable language, literacy and numeracy skills to read and comprehend learning materials and perform tasks related to recording workplace documents including reading and writing detailed reports, case notes, reports and other documents, interpreting workplace policy and procedure and reporting hazards. Learners are required to pass an online LLN assessment test at or above level 3 in reading, writing and numeracy
- Be capable of completing 120 hours of work placement in a suitable health facility
- Have sound computer skills to navigate simple software to complete the online component of this course and must be able to use intermediate level Word features in order to produce and present word-processed documents/ reports
- Have access to a laptop and internet to complete this online course
- Hold the required criminal and working with children checks (if applicable) or be able to apply for a police check is required prior to the commencement of work placement if required
- These entry requirements will be confirmed through information collected on the enrolment form and during the enrolment interview
- Hader Institute of Education provides comprehensive student support throughout your course. You will have access to a trainer with extensive experience and expertise in the course content and industry sector. In addition, you will have access to administrative support, and our career guidance service
- The true experience with Hader Institute of Education is the ability for students to participate in work placement at one of our many fully functional clinics
Who is responsible for your training?
- Hader Institute of Education is responsible under the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 for the quality of the training and assessment being delivered in this course and for the issuance of all AQF certificates
- These competencies have been drawn from the nationally endorsed industry training package the Community Services Training Package (CHC)
- On successfully completing the training and assessment, the CHC43215 Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs qualification will be issued. A transcript listing all units of competency will also be issued
- The qualification and units of competency are nationally recognised and provide individuals with a valuable qualification that can be applied throughout Australia and the wider children’s services community
- Hader Institute of Education will issue a qualification within 30 days of the final assessment being completed
- Students are required to complete 120 hours of work placement in a suitable facility. Hader Institute wants to ensure that learners develop work skills and can apply the skills and knowledge learnt throughout this course
- If a learner is currently in the industry some sign off will be accepted from their current workplace. For learners who do not currently have a suitable workplace, Hader Institute will assist the learner to find a suitable facility
- The learner will utilise a work placement logbook to record their hours of work placement. The learner is required to sign a confidentiality agreement with the facility
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- Applicants can apply for recognition of their existing skills and knowledge that are relevant to the units of competency within the program
The assessment is conducted using a combination of realistic workplace tasks, projects, knowledge tests, responses to case studies and feedback from supervisors. The following provides a brief explanation of the assessment methods that are to be applied:
- Written tasks
- Case Study
- Practical Activities and Demonstrations
- Work Placement
- Portfolio of work which involves work placement tasks to be completed in your work placement facility
- Supervisor Report
Note: HLTAID003 Provide first aid – This is a specialist unit, while this unit of competency is on our scope of registration, it is not offered by Hader Institute of Education in this delivery mode. Students are advised that the unit must be done before the work placement in Term 1.
About Hader Institute of Education Pty Ltd
Hader Institute of Education is part of the Seasons-Hader Group which operates drug and alcohol rehabilitation facilities in Australia, Indonesia and Europe.
The Hader Clinic has established itself as the predominant addiction rehabilitation and recovery treatment organisation in Australia. Starting as a small independent Melbourne clinic in 1998, The Hader Clinic now operates several of the largest and most well-renowned rehabilitation facilities in the country.
Seasons Bali has grown into one of Asia’s most respected addiction treatment centres. Seasons were the first addiction treatment centre to open in Bali. Seasons Bali is the only ISO9001 certified rehab in South East Asia. This certification is crucial as it assures that Seasons Bali has achieved the standard of international best practices. Seasons holistic approach to recovery involves the latest evidence-based recovery technology alongside holistic treatments such as meditation, yoga and diet, complemented by integration activities such as surfing, watersports, sightseeing and local community volunteer work. Rather than a hospital environment, we have created an environment that is uplifting and inspiring.
Hader Institute of Education is at the core of providing education and training services to individuals who want to pursue a career in Mental Health, Alcohol and other Drug and Counselling programs. We are unique in that we are leaders in the industry with Seasons Bali and the Hader Clinic’s Drug and Alcohol rehabilitation programs.
Hader Institute of Education Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation RTO #45162.