Our nationally accredited BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business (Finance) is designed to provide you with the skills to manage and oversee the financial operations of a business. You’ll learn accounting practices, budget planning and analysis, and financial management and reporting, which will prepare you to manage the financials of any business.
This course is perfect if you have no experience but would like to launch a career in office administration that has a particular focus on finance.
The Certificate IV is also an ideal way to formalise your current work experience if you are already in the industry but need a qualification to get ahead.
If you are an existing worker or have experience in the related industry, please inform our enrolment consultants during your enrolment conversation. You may be eligible to enrol as an existing worker and complete your studies faster. Please note – limitations do apply.
Who's It For?
- This course is for people who have HR experience or those have completed previous study in Human Resources at a Certificate IV level
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Accounts Supervisor
- Executive Personal Assistant
- Office Administrator
- Office Manager
- Project And Program Administrator In Business Administration, Assisting Accounting And Finance Professionals
What You'll Learn
- Use digital technologies to collaborate with your colleagues
- Write complex documents
- Apply critical thinking to your work tasks
- Apply communication strategies in the workplace
- Implement and monitor WHS policies and procedures
- Build and maintain business relationships
- Develop and use emotional intelligence
- Develop your own personal work priorities
- Process financial transactions and maintain the appropriate financial records
- Report on financial activity
- Establish and maintain a payroll system
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Self-paced – maximum of 18 months
- Recommended hours per week: 26h
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- We understand that you may already have many skills and areas of expertise that you have obtained in different ways and these are recognised through our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process
- Multiple choice Quiz
- Role plays
- Work Placement
- Written assignments
Your learning materials are accessed through our online platform OpenSpace. These learning materials include:
- Learning content
- Additional resources
- Learning activities
About Open Colleges
Open Colleges puts you at the centre of everything we do. As an institution, we measure our success in the success of our students.
We have more than 125 years of experience in distance education, and this has given us the time to perfect the ways we deliver education and training to people across Australia. In the last decade alone, we’ve helped more than 450,000 students reach their potential.
We understand the needs of adult learners. That’s why we created OpenSpace, our world-class online learning platform that gives you complete flexibility and control to study whenever and wherever you are. OpenSpace provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, a superior support network and the opportunity to connect with other learners just like you.
Our nationally recognised courses could help you launch, change or accelerate your career. Now is the time to make your next move. With Open Colleges, everything could happen.
Open Colleges Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 90796)