- Please note: This is a fee-for-service program
The HLT45021 Certificate IV in Dental Assisting (Dental Radiography) ensures you graduate with a strong understanding of medical imaging and radiation biology along with a superior skillset for assisting dental practitioners. This course is a natural progression from a Certificate III in Dental Assisting and will help set you up to succeed as a qualified dental assistant and/or dental radiographer.
Who's It For?
- Completed your Certificate III in Dental Assisting? This course will progress you with further qualifications to excel your career opportunities in the dental industry and beyond
- Ready to kickstart your career? Earn a nationally recognised qualification in just 12 months with practical units to enter the workforce job ready
- Looking for a career change? Become a qualified dental assistant through a flexible, online course with promising career opportunities at the finish line
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Dental Radiographer
- Dental assistant
- Dental sterilisation nurse
- Dental therapy assistant
What You'll Learn
- Interpret and apply medical terminology
- Take clinical photographs
- Apply principles of radiation biology and protection in a dental practice
- Prepare to expose a prescribed dental radiographic image
- Produce a prescribed dental radiographic image
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Duration – Up to 12 months
- Study Load – Submit 1 unit of competency every 6 weeks to graduate in 12 months
Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who have achieved:
- HLT31812 Certificate III in Dental Assisting or
- HLT35015 Certificate III in Dental Assisting or
- HLT35021 Certificate III in Dental Assisting or equivalent
- Flexible Online Study – All of our courses are delivered online, giving you the flexibility to choose your course length.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with job-ready skills.
- Nationally Recognised Training Courses – All of our courses are Nationally Recognised and accredited.
- There are no mandatory workplace hours to complete this qualification. However, Students must have access to a dental practice, equipment for sterilisation, imaging equipment and a qualified supervisor i.e. a person who holds Certificate IV in Dental Assisting or higher relevant qualification to complete their course.
- Knowledge questions
- Case study
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drives the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study - Our courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length - whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support - Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrollment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses - Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number - 22557)