We are a private RTO and therefore government funding is not available. Please check eligibility requirements before enquiring.
One idea is all it takes to start making things happen.
Take the guesswork out of launching your business venture and turn your big idea into a viable success. With Open Colleges’ BSB40320 Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business, you’ll gain a strong set of skills across all the key areas of business management.
This course has been designed for Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners to provide you with foundational skills across key areas; including small business strategic planning, financial management, marketing, and operations.
If you’re looking to launch a new small business or venture or want to learn the skills to help make your existing business a success, then this course has been designed for you.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- New Small Business Owner
- New Venture Manager
What You'll Learn
- Learn critical skills for business success, including how to plan your business finances and get your cash flow in order
- Master the art of small business marketing to build awareness of your product or service, drum up a new business, and increase customer loyalty
- Identify and understand your customers to build relationships and encourage repeat business
- Establish networks to build valuable business relationships
- Identify new and emerging digital technologies and how to implement them
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 24 months
- There are no formal education entry requirements for this course
- You will need to be at least 18 years old
- You will need access to a computer and the internet and have basic computing skills
- Some assessments require learners to record an audio/video. This can be achieved by using video recording equipment such as that found within the workplace or some smart/mobile devices. There is also a requirement for a minimum of 2 audience members during recording which learners can engage colleagues in the workplace or with friends, family and other learners to meet the minimum requirement
- The incorporation of an audience provides for the performance criteria, and assessment conditions related to interaction and oral communication demonstration and includes where applicable scripts for audience members to use during the recording
- Demonstrations and Presentations, Knowledge tests, Multiple choice questions, Short-answer questions, Video/Audio recording, Written reports
About Open Colleges
Open Colleges puts you at the centre of everything we do. As an institution, we measure our success in the success of our students.
We have more than 125 years of experience in distance education, and this has given us the time to perfect the ways we deliver education and training to people across Australia. In the last decade alone, we’ve helped more than 450,000 students reach their potential.
We understand the needs of adult learners. That’s why we created OpenSpace, our world-class online learning platform that gives you complete flexibility and control to study whenever and wherever you are. OpenSpace provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, a superior support network and the opportunity to connect with other learners just like you.
Our nationally recognised courses could help you launch, change or accelerate your career. Now is the time to make your next move. With Open Colleges, everything could happen.
Open Colleges Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 90796)