The Certificate IV in Youth Work is ideal for those who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of young people.
You’ll gain the skills and knowledge to develop and implement programs that address their social, behavioural, health, welfare, developmental and protection needs, whilst fostering community engagement and participation.
Study areas include community development frameworks; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural safety; supporting young people; responding to family violence and homelessness; and legal and ethical compliance.
Who's It For?
This qualification reflects the role of workers who develop and facilitate programs for young people through a range of community-based programs designed to address the social, behavioural, health, welfare, developmental and protection needs of young people.
This work may be undertaken through employment in community, government and youth sector agencies and workers will be:
- Responsible for implementing policies and guidelines of the employing organisation
- Largely self-directed with fairly autonomous decision-making capacity under the indirect supervision of a manager
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Community Rehabilitation and Support Worker
- Community Support Worker
- Mental Health Intake Officer
- Mental Health Outreach Worker
- Mental Health Rehabilitation Support Worker
- Case Manager
What You'll Learn
You’ll learn the skills to interact and work with the families and guardians of children and teens, to arrive at the best possible outcomes for your young client’s welfare.
The course will teach you:
- To understand and work with a variety of cultural perspectives, and promote the health and safety of young people living in these communities
- Key relationship and trust building skills
- How to assess young people, respond to their needs and link them in with services that will assist them and meet their needs
- Encourage youth participation, and help young people to connect with people and communities that will have a positive and healthy impact on their lives
- How to respond to critical situations, and work with youth who are experiencing or are at risk of homelessness
- Understand, work with and support young people struggling with mental health issues
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration Study Load
- 12 months
- 15 hours per week
- This is a blended delivery model which incorporates Trainer-led synchronous online zoom classroom sessions for 3 hours per week in the evening, a monthly one-hour one-on-one mentoring session with your trainer (zoom,= phone) plus you will need to complete 15 hours per week undertaking structured self-paced study
- 18 years of age & Australian Citizen / Permanent Resident
- Guaranteed work placement & post-graduation employment opportunities to work in our national clinics
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- Students can apply
- Written assessments, case studies, multiple-choice questionnaires and workplace assessments
About Hader Institute of Education Pty Ltd
Hader Institute of Education is part of the Seasons-Hader Group which operates drug and alcohol rehabilitation facilities in Australia, Indonesia and Europe.
The Hader Clinic has established itself as the predominant addiction rehabilitation and recovery treatment organisation in Australia. Starting as a small independent Melbourne clinic in 1998, The Hader Clinic now operates several of the largest and most well-renowned rehabilitation facilities in the country.
Seasons Bali has grown into one of Asia’s most respected addiction treatment centres. Seasons were the first addiction treatment centre to open in Bali. Seasons Bali is the only ISO9001 certified rehab in South East Asia. This certification is crucial as it assures that Seasons Bali has achieved the standard of international best practices. Seasons holistic approach to recovery involves the latest evidence-based recovery technology alongside holistic treatments such as meditation, yoga and diet, complemented by integration activities such as surfing, watersports, sightseeing and local community volunteer work. Rather than a hospital environment, we have created an environment that is uplifting and inspiring.
Hader Institute of Education is at the core of providing education and training services to individuals who want to pursue a career in Mental Health, Alcohol and other Drug and Counselling programs. We are unique in that we are leaders in the industry with Seasons Bali and the Hader Clinic’s Drug and Alcohol rehabilitation programs.
Hader Institute of Education Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation RTO #45162.