The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care is a highly sought-after qualification within the early childhood education sector.
Upon completion, graduates will have the skills and knowledge to become a lead educator in the delivery of Early Childhood education programs for children in centre-based and family daycare. This qualification will also develop your ability to lead and mentor other staff in their early childhood education careers. The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care includes some management competencies designed to equip graduates with the knowledge to meet the daily challenges of working within the Early Childhood sector.
Whether you are considering studying a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care via distance or through the workplace, our experienced and supportive trainers will be with you every step of the way delivering quality early childhood courses and relevant learning opportunities to our learners.
*Graduates of Practical Outcomes’ Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care have a university pathway to study a Bachelor of Education degree in either Early Childhood or Primary at Swinburne Online.
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 12 months
- Must hold a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113 or CHC30121).
- To commence this program, your Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills must meet required standards for ACSF LEVEL 3.
- Access to a computer and internet.
- You need to either provide a current Working With Children Check (WWCC) or provide evidence that you have applied for a WWCC.
- Evidence of COVID-19 vaccination is required to undertake practical placement in an early childhood education and care setting. For more information, check with your state health department website.
- Australian citizen/permanent resident, or a New Zealand passport holder who has been a resident in Australia for more than six months, or a person who holds an eligible visa.
NOTE: If you are unable to obtain a WWCC you will not be able to complete the requirements of the course.
One of the benefits of studying with Practical Outcomes is our practical learning that will help you develop hands-on, real-life skills so you develop job-ready confidence to succeed in the workplace!
- 280 hours (2 days per week, 7.5 hour days) must be completed in an education and care service
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Practical Outcomes provides Recognition of Prior Learning. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) allows assessment of the learner’s previously unrecognised skills and knowledge.
Students will be issued with a certificate on completion of all units of competency within a qualification. Statements of attainment will be issued for partial completion.
About Practical Outcomes
Practical Outcomes is one of Australia’s leading Registered Training Organisations (RTO), with over 15 years of experience educating over 21,000 learners.
With many education providers in the market, we understand choosing the right provider can be difficult. At Practical Outcomes, we pride ourselves on being a leading compliant Registered Training Organisation (RTO), and to assist you in your own assessment of us, have published the following information providing transparency in our performance.
As a specialist education provider in early childhood education and care and school-aged education and care, our human-centred training is designed to enable learners to gain the job-ready knowledge, professional skills and confidence to make a difference in these essential sectors. Providing fully-accredited courses for both distance and in the workplace, our learners gain sector relevant skills supported by real-life practical and hands-on experience.
Education inspired by care and compassion.
Practical Outcomes is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO: 21857)