Launch your career in the dynamic and exciting landscape of social media marketing with an accredited Diploma of Social Media Marketing.
Designed to take you from beginner to expert, this social media marketing course has been created in consultation with a number of Forbes’ listed Top 50 global social media experts, so you can be confident that you are getting the very latest, first-class industry knowledge and expertise.
Ideal for people with a passion for all things social media, this nationally recognised Diploma has no pre-requisites, meaning you can kick-off your studies with some marketing experience or none at all!
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Communications Assistant
- Content Marketing Manager
- Social Media Community Manager
- Social Media Consultant
- Social Media Coordinator
- Social Media Strategist
What You'll Learn
- The fundamentals of social media marketing
- How to create engaging and effective marketing content
- How to develop a social media network strategy featuring both organic posts and paid advertising on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat and more!
- The art of mastering your own personal brand on social media
- How to convert your social media marketing followers into customers
- How to implement and manage a highly effective email marketing strategy
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Maximum 24 months
You will need to have completed Year 12, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate III level or higher, OR
- Two years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication
You will need to be at least 18 years old.
This course requires you to read learner workbooks, undertake a range of written assessments and engage in online discussions. Furthermore, the delivery mode relies on the extensive use of written communication. As such, entry to the course requires the successful completion of English to Year 12 level.
If you have not successfully completed English at Year 12 level, you can demonstrate equivalency with one of the following:
- Successful completion of a Nationally Recognised Training qualification at Certificate III level or higher; OR
- 2 years’ relevant industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication
- The hands-on Diploma will allow you to immediately apply the skills you learn to your workplace or business as you work your way through the course
- The course format gives you plenty of practice setting up and managing social media accounts and implementing social media campaigns, ensuring you are 100% job ready when you complete your studies
- You will also develop an extensive online portfolio, which means you’ll have a body of quality work to show potential employers once you graduate
- Social media marketing is one of the fastest growing industries and an increasingly vital skill-set. Take advantage of Social Media’s true potential to drive results for your business, career or employer
- This course also includes a free 12 month student membership to the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI), the industry peak body for marketing professionals in Australia. Your AMI membership will begin once you successfully complete an assessment within the first month of the course
- Case studies
- Knowledge tests
Open Colleges offers this qualification in association with Integrated Care & Management Training Pty Ltd (Provider number: 90197). The testamur will be issued by Integrated Care & Management Training Pty Ltd.
- Determine social media marketing requirements and opportunities
- Identify and select social media marketing platforms
- Develop a social media content marketing strategy and implementation plan
- Implement and manage mainstream social media strategy
- Determine niche social media marketing requirements and opportunities
- Identify and select key social media marketing networks
- Develop a niche social media marketing strategy and implementation plan
- Implement and manage niche social media strategies
- Determine social media marketing requirements and personal brand opportunities
- Develop a tailored personal brand strategy
- Implement and manage personal brand strategy
- Determine email marketing requirements and opportunities
- Develop an email marketing strategy and implementation plan
- Implement and evaluate effectiveness of email marketing strategy
- Evaluate each component of marketing mix
- Determine marketing mix for specific markets
- Monitor and adjust marketing mix
About Open Colleges
Open Colleges puts you at the centre of everything we do. As an institution, we measure our success in the success of our students.
We have more than 125 years of experience in distance education, and this has given us the time to perfect the ways we deliver education and training to people across Australia. In the last decade alone, we’ve helped more than 450,000 students reach their potential.
We understand the needs of adult learners. That’s why we created OpenSpace, our world-class online learning platform that gives you complete flexibility and control to study whenever and wherever you are. OpenSpace provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, a superior support network and the opportunity to connect with other learners just like you.
Our nationally recognised courses could help you launch, change or accelerate your career. Now is the time to make your next move. With Open Colleges, everything could happen.
Open Colleges Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 90796)