By completing the Diploma of Work Health & Safety at the College for Adult Learning, you’ll develop key occupational health and safety skills and strengthen your ability to make informed decisions, preparing you to take on leading WHS roles within any organisation with the backing of a Nationally Recognised formal qualification. This course will help you consolidate and develop your skills in risk analysis and incident response, while increasing your ability to develop safe workplace policies and return to work strategies.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Work Health Safety Coordinator
- Health Safety Advisor
- Health and Safety Manager
What You'll Learn
- Plan, implement and evaluate a process for managing work health and safety (WHS) risk in a work area
- Lead and manage the initial response to one work health and safety (WHS) incident
- Contribute to developing, implementing, reviewing and improving a work health and safety management
- Manage the planning, implementation and review of initial response procedures and return to work practices
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
12 months full-time;
14–16 months part-time
Our courses are 100% online and are self-paced. This means you can choose to study on a more intense time schedule, or just fit it around your lifestyle when you can.
The course can be completed in as little as 12 months with a full-time study load or in 12-16 months on a part-time study load, but we allow a 24-month standard course enrolment duration, depending on circumstances.
We provide engaging tutorials, industry-relevant assessments and work-ready learning outcomes.
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must hold the core units from the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety or equivalent competencies:
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
If you do not hold the prerequisite units speak to our friendly Learning Consultants who can help you create a custom package to achieve your diploma.
If you don’t meet the entry requirements yet, we offer the option to combine this qualification with our Pathway Package. This is perfect if you want to complete the diploma but need the entry requirement units. Find out more in your Course Guide, or speak to one of our Learning Consultants.
- Complete the course your way – at your own time, pace and convenience
- You win from the start with no classes, no rush hour dash or parking hassles
- Tutorials are easily navigated and the order can be adapted to your priorities
- Unit quizzes serve to demonstrate knowledge obtained
- You will receive a personal learning plan, regular feedback and personal assistance from our experienced facilitators
- Learning occurs on the job and you can apply your knowledge while you study for immediate results
Recognition Of Prior Learning
If you have extensive experience in the industry with a high level of knowledge, competency and ability, you may be eligible for RPL.
You may be eligible for an AIHS membership.
If you are studying WHS and not currently working full time you may be eligible for a free 12-month student membership with The Australian Institute of Health & Safety (AIHS).
As an AIHS member, you’ll have access to professional development resources, webinars led by health and safety recruiting agencies, professional networking groups plus much more.
About The College for Adult Learning
The College for Adult Learning is an award-winning Registered Training Organisation (RTO) delivering high-quality training, unparalleled flexibility and real career outcomes to thousands of students over the last 10 years.
We started as a team of three dedicated, senior executives from the TAFE/University sectors inspired by adult learners across Australia desperate for relevant courses, practical study options, comprehensive support, work-ready skills and real outcomes.
As passionate educators and leaders with over 30 years’ experience in vocational and higher education, we were continually frustrated with the ‘one size fits all’ training standards being offered in the Australian marketplace. Knowing the struggles that learners faced, we started with practical, outcomes-focused training solutions then created a learning model that allowed students freedom and flexibility while providing a strong support foundation.
We now provide a supportive online learning environment, 24/7 access to course content so you can go at your own pace, and unlimited opportunities to connect with experienced industry professionals for mentorship and support. CAL continues to partner with industry leaders when we develop our training solutions to ensure that our content is accurate, current and relevant to the workplaces of today with the visions of tomorrow.
We proudly specialise in delivering the skills that industry demands and future leaders need.
College for Adult Learning Pty. Ltd. as The Trustee for Golding/Sabell Trust is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 22228)