CAL’s Double Diploma of Project Management Practice and Leadership & Management has been designed to equip you to succeed in project management and leadership roles with the ability to plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions. You’ll gain the skills and tools necessary to lead your team and manage, implement and deliver successful projects on time and to budget. You’ll learn foundation strategies used across various project management methodologies, applicable to small-scale projects through to multimillion-dollar projects.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Senior Project Administrator
- Project Manager
- Risk Manager
- General Manager
What You'll Learn
- Explain techniques of performance measurement
- Understand and identify components of a project scope management plan
- Determine resources against budgetary frameworks
- Understand recording expenditure, financial reports, cost-management processes, and costs across a project’s lifecycle
- Understand and apply quality control and assurance, quality management theories, methods for managing continuous improvement
- Use leadership techniques to create team cohesion, provide feedback, establish performance review processes, communicate with stakeholders
- Conduct effective risk management and apply techniques, strategies and tools
- Create and develop recruitment strategies and plans
- Develop important financial plans and budgets for your business and team
- Lead and manage organisational change and help to facilitate continuous improvement
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Part-time: approx 12 months
- Full-time: approx 18-20 months
In order to succeed in our online qualifications, our students are required to:
- Be 18 years or older at the time of registration
- Demonstrate the required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills
While there is no formal prerequisite study required to enter this qualification, it is beneficial for students to have some relevant industry experience to assist with the learning application required for this course. This may have been obtained through formal and/or informal training, work experience and life experience.
You will need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or another device with the following:
- An adequate and reliable internet connection
- At least the equivalent of Microsoft Office or Office for Mac, with word-processing capabilities and spreadsheets
- A PDF Reader installed
- Full permissions to install and access third-party software as required
You will also need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or device with an adequate camera to undertake video calls for assessments as required.
- Complete the course your way – at your own time, pace and convenience
- You win from the start with no classes, no rush hour dash or parking hassles
- Tutorials are easily navigated and the order can be adapted to your priorities
- Unit quizzes serve to demonstrate knowledge obtained
- You will receive a personal learning plan, regular feedback and personal assistance from our experienced facilitators
- Learning occurs on the job and you can apply your knowledge while you study for immediate results
Where it will lead me
- As a confident and qualified leader, you’ll have gained the essential project management skills to lead projects of any size from planning to delivery
- You’ll be set up for long-term career growth with developed skills in project execution, human resources practice, stakeholder engagement management and effective communication
About The College for Adult Learning
The College for Adult Learning formed as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in 2009, and through high-quality training, unparalleled support and flexibility, we’ve been making a real difference in thousands of careers over the last 10 years.
We started as a team of three dedicated, senior executives from the TAFE/University sectors inspired by adult learners across Australia desperate for relevant courses, practical study options, comprehensive support, work-ready skills and real outcomes.
As passionate educators and leaders with over 30 years’ experience in vocational and higher education, we were continually frustrated with the ‘one size fits all’ training standards being offered in the Australian marketplace. Knowing the struggles that learners faced, we started with practical, outcomes-focused training solutions then created a learning model that allowed students freedom and flexibility while providing a strong support foundation.
We now provide a supportive online learning environment, 24/7 access to course content so you can go at your own pace, and unlimited opportunities to connect with experienced industry professionals for mentorship and support. CAL continues to partner with industry leaders when we develop our training solutions to ensure that our content is accurate, current and relevant to the workplaces of today with the visions of tomorrow.
We proudly specialise in delivering the skills that industry demands and future leaders need.
College for Adult Learning Pty. Ltd. as The Trustee for Golding/Sabell Trust is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 22228)