- Please note: This is a fee-for-service program
Are you passionate about helping people reach their health and fitness goals? Get on the fast-track to becoming qualified as a Personal Trainer with AIPT.
- Create a career you can take anywhere, and be your own boss
- Become a Personal Trainer quicker with our fast-track course option
- Help others achieve their health and fitness goals through your expertise in fitness and nutrition
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Personal Trainer
- Group Exercise Instructor
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Up to 18 months
- 44.5 hours of practical experience in a real gym
- 27 course units to complete
- Complete 1.5 course units every month to graduate in 18 months
- Learn in a small group environment inside one of Australia’s leading gyms and be mentored by the best in the business.
- Undertake 44.5 hours of face-to-face practical learning following a set timetable.
1-to-1 Flexible Mentor:
- You’ll be matched with one of our qualified Personal Trainers who will mentor you inside a real club.
- Enjoy the flexibility of arranging your own timetable to complete 44.5 hours of face-to-face practical learning with your Mentor.
Mentor of Your Choice:
- If you already know a Personal Trainer, we could approve them to be your Mentor to guide you through the practical components of your course.
- Complete 44.5 hours of face-to-face practical learning at a club of your choice.
- 27 course units to complete.
- Complete 1.5 course units every month to graduate in 18 months.
Before commencing the SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness, students are required to complete and be deemed competent in the units of competency (or superseded units), which are available as part of the SIS30321 Certificate III in Fitness.
You must obtain HLTAID011 Provide First Aid from an external provider. This cost is not included in your course fee; however, AIPT has an agreement with Red Cross Australia (RTO 3605) to provide first-aid training to our students at a reduced price. You can choose to take advantage of this arrangement or pursue this unit of competency via another training provider.
You’ll need to have completed year 10 or equivalent (i.e., a qualification at Certificate II level or higher, or 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication).
You need to be at least 16. If you’re under 18, a parent or guardian will need to sign your enrolment form.
You need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
Please be aware some of your assessments require you to source participants to role-play clients, please work with your mentor to secure the required number.
Working with Children Check
For the work placement portion of your course, you may need a current “Working with Children Check Clearance” issued by the relevant authority in your state/territory.
The Fast-Track Personal Training Course is the quickest way to become a qualified Personal Trainer, consisting of the Certificate IV in Fitness and entry requirements.
- 44.5 hours of industry practical experience
- Gain access to an exercise library and video learning units
- Assess client movement and provide exercise advice
- Develop and instruct gym-based exercise programs for individual clients
- Use exercise science principles in fitness instruction
- Develop and instruct personalised exercise programs, including for body composition goals, adolescents and older clients
- Obtain the knowledge to plan and instruct online exercise sessions
- Support clients in understanding exercise behavioural changes and healthy eating habits
- How to build client relationships and ensure diverse practices
Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points.
Internet: High-speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic (Dial-up access is not recommended).
Office Equipment: Printer and scanner to print and upload some of your assessments.
Windows: Operating system – Windows 8 or above.
Mobile Phone with video capability or Video Camera: Some assessments in your course will require you to take and submit videos of you undertaking tasks for assessment.
Internet Browser: Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.
MAC: Operating system – OS X 10.14 Mojave or later.
Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download).
About Australian Institute of Personal Trainers
At the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) we are experts in wellness, nutrition and fitness, and equip our students with the best in online and face-to-face education. Established in 1999 alongside our partner Registered Training Organisation Foundation Education, we have grown from a handful of campuses in Queensland to over 150 campuses and an extensive network of Mentors Australia-wide.
When you study with AIPT you have access to:
- Dedicated student support - Access to a dedicated team of Support Officers to make the transition into study as smooth as possible.
- Largest network of locations - We have the industry's largest network of gyms across Australia, ensuring we're in your area.
- Flexible delivery options - We cater to all learning styles and offer flexible study options to suit everyone’s schedules, with a focus on practical learning and hands-on experience.
Australian Institute of Personal Trainers is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO - 32363)