Kickstart your career as a professional nail tech with tricks and tips from Australia’s industry pros!
Learn the artistic and technical skills required to provide a range of nail services and develop essential business skills with a dedicated industry mentor by your side.
This popular course bundle combines two of Ulleo’s micro-credentials:
- Nail Technology & Artistry
- Beauty Business Fundamentals
Who's It For?
The course is designed for:
- Individuals who are new to nail technology and artistry and wish to acquire comprehensive knowledge and practical skills from the ground up. No prior experience is required!
- Current nail technicians who want to enhance their existing skills, expand their repertoire of nail techniques, and stay updated with the latest trends and industry best practices
- Beauty professionals who want to specialise in nails and offer a broader range of services to their clients
- Individuals who have a keen interest in nail care and art and want to develop their skills for personal enrichment or as a hobby
Whether you aspire to work in a salon, spa, nail studio, or as freelance nail artists, this course provides a solid foundation and advanced techniques to excel in the nail care industry.
What You'll Learn
By the end of this course you’ll be able to:
- Identify the different nail treatments and their purposes
- Demonstrate knowledge of nail products and tools used in nail technology and slect and use suitable products and tools for nail enhancement applications
- Conduct effective client consultations to determine their needs and preferences
- Apply proper hygiene and infection control practices during nail services
- Understand legal considerations related to providing nail services
- Identify and describe the anatomy and function of nails
- Recognise common nail diseases and disorders and promote nail health through proper care and maintenance
- Perform cuticle care techniques safely and effectively
- Demonstrate nail filing and shaping techniques to achieve desired results
- Apply hand massage techniques for relaxation and improved circulation
- Apply regular nail polish accurately and neatly and create basic nail art designs such as French tips, polka dots, and stripes
- Apply and remove gel polish (Shellac) accurately and with proper technique
- Safely and effectively use an E-File in nail enhancement treatments.Apply, refill, and remove acrylic, gel and dip powder with proper technique. This includes applying acrylic overlays, as well as using artificial nail tips and forms to create customised extensions
- Plan, start and run your own nail business with tips and tricks from inspiring beauty entrepreneurs
- Brand and market your nail business to generate new clients and keep existing clients coming back for more!
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration Study Load
- 14 lessons
- Roughly 120-140 hours of learning including videos, written materials, activities and regular Ulleo Live workshops and webinars
- Receive dedicated support from industry mentors who are practising nail techs
- Learn through in-depth video tutorials featuring Australia’s leading nail artists
- Tune into regular live workshops and Q&As with your mentor and inspiring guests
- Access exclusive discounts on a range of nail and beauty products, tools and services
- Choose from a range of flexible payment options and study online at your own pace
Julie KellyNail Technology & Artistry + Beauty Business Fundamentals
Cassandra PounderNail Technology & Artistry + Beauty Business Fundamentals
Vivienne HuxtableNail Technology & Artistry + Beauty Business Fundamentals
Susan BowmanNail Technology & Artistry + Beauty Business Fundamentals
Ace JohnsonNail Technology & Artistry + Beauty Business Fundamentals
With industry leaders at the helm, Ulleo’s short courses are built with collaboration, community, and creativity in mind.
Whether you are seeking your next career move or a passion project, our unique learning experience will provide knowledge and skills for now and into the future.
As a learner of Ulleo, you will access tailored support from industry mentors, along with a community of other learners to connect with. Delivered online, our courses empower learners with industry-led insights, interactive methods of learning, and tangible pathways to accredited study.
As a profit with purpose enterprise, sustainability is at the heart of what we do. Our partnership with Carbon Neutral and tree-planting initiative allows us to become part of the solution for the planet and future generations.
Love what you learn with Ulleo.