Take your makeup game to the next level with tricks and tips from Australia’s leading makeup artists!
Whether you’re looking to kickstart your career as a makeup artist or simply passionate about beauty, this flexible and engaging short course will give you the skills and knowledge to create stunning makeup looks for every occasion. The best part? Receive dedicated support and feedback from industry mentors who are practising makeup artists!
Looking to start your kickstart your career? Bundle this course with our Beauty Business Fundamentals course and access exclusive content about building and running a successful business with tips from inspiring entrepreneurs.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Freelance makeup artist
- Bridal makeup artist
- Film/TV makeup artist
- Editorial makeup artist
- Retail assistant
What You'll Learn
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Tailor makeup to individuals by analysing skin, face shape, and other facial features.
- Use colour theory to create flawless and harmonious looks that emphasise natural beauty.
- Incorporate sustainable practices as a makeup artist and contribute meaningfully to a better future.
- Analyse the different products and tools used in makeup artistry and know when to use each based on the look you’re creating, your analysis of the client and their individual preferences.
- Maintain safety and hygiene during makeup services and clean and care for your makeup kit.
- Utilise specific techniques for each stage of a makeup application, from prepping the skin to base makeup, contouring and highlighting, eye makeup, brow makeup, lip makeup and more.
- Plan and tailor makeup to specific occasions and lighting situations: everyday, bridal, commercial, editorial, and more.
- Work across various makeup styles, including classic, natural, trendy and glam looks.
- Facilitate a detailed consultation process that puts the needs and preferences of your client first.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration Study Load
- 10 lessons
- Roughly 100-120 hours of learning including videos, written materials, activities, and regular Ulleo Live! workshops and webinars.
- Receive dedicated support from industry mentors who are practising makeup artists.
- Learn through in-depth video tutorials featuring Australia’s leading makeup artists.
- Tune into regular live workshops and Q&As with your mentor and inspiring guests.
- Access exclusive discounts on a range of beauty products, tools and services.
- Choose from a range of flexible payment options and study online at your own pace.
At Ulleo, we’re passionate about creating courses that are not only engaging and inspiring but relevant to the real world. This is why our courses are co-created, delivered and endorsed by industry leaders:
- Casey Malady, Makeup Artist and Hairstylist. Casey is your dedicated industry mentor! Having worked in New York, Tokyo, Canada and throughout Australia, Casey is one of Melbourne’s most sought-after hair and makeup artists. Her extensive experience on a variety of fashion events such as Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia, Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival and Melbourne Spring Fashion Week has seen her work with designers such as Jean Paul Gaultier, Roberto Cavalli, Alex Perry, Toni Maticevksi, Dion Lee and Rachel Gilbert. Celebrity clients include Rebecca Judd, Sophie Monk, Client Liaison, Sarah Stevens, Megan Washington, Shaynna Blaze and Kate Peck just to name a few.
- Monica Gingold, Makeup Artist and Co-Founder and Director of Tonic Agency. With over 16 years in the industry, Monica has worked her makeup magic on many A-list brands, events, celebrities and influencers, including Steph Claire Smith, Megan Gale, Sophie Monk, Bec Judd and many more. Monica is now one of the most sought-after artists in the fashion and bridal industries and is now a regular at exclusive events such as New York Fashion Week, VAMFF, MBFWA, Melbourne Cup Carnival, Grand Prix and for television productions including X-Factor, Dancing with the Stars, The Logies, Brownlow Awards and the ARIAs.
- Phoebe Wilkinson, Makeup Artist and Beauty Therapist. For over 15 years, Phoebe has seen the beauty industry from all angles: as a makeup artist, salon manager, skincare specialist, sales rep, qualified beauty trainer and more. As a social media personality boasting 35k followers on TikTok, Phoebe’s passion lies in sharing her knowledge and inspiring the next generation of beauty professionals.
With industry leaders at the helm, Ulleo’s short courses are built with collaboration, community, and creativity in mind.
Whether you are seeking your next career move or a passion project, our unique learning experience will provide knowledge and skills for now and into the future.
As a learner of Ulleo, you will access tailored support from industry mentors, along with a community of other learners to connect with. Delivered online, our courses empower learners with industry-led insights, interactive methods of learning, and tangible pathways to accredited study.
As a profit with purpose enterprise, sustainability is at the heart of what we do. Our partnership with Carbon Neutral and tree-planting initiative allows us to become part of the solution for the planet and future generations.
Love what you learn with Ulleo.