AHC20416 Certificate II in Horticulture is currently available as part of a school-based traineeship.
The Certificate II in Horticulture will teach you the fundamentals of planting, potting and maintaining trees, shrubs and plants, how to recognize plants, prepare plant specimens and provide information on products and services, and soil testing along with how to treat weeds, pests and diseases.
This Certificate is delivered by industry experts and will give you the fundamental horticulture skills you’ll need to succeed in the industry.
This course is approved by Skills Assure.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Horticultural Worker or Assistant
- Gardening Assistant
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- The duration for this program/school-based traineeship is 24 months.
- This qualification is delivered to school-based trainees via online and work-based training.
- One of our trainers will visit the workplace to provide students with face-to-face training in theory and undertake practical observations. In the workplace, the students will receive the practical, hands-on application of their learning.
- Some training may also occur at the school through traditional classroom methods.
- Complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy test prior to commencing this qualification
- Meet the eligibility requirements for an Australian Government Australian Apprenticeship and funded training through the Queensland User Choice program
- Be employed or hosted with an appropriately resourced Horticultural workplace and be signed into a valid and registered training contract
- Assessment methods may include written activities and on-the-job observations.
Government Funding Available
In Queensland, subject to eligibility, funding is available through the Queensland Government to support completing this qualification through the Queensland User Choice Program. Students in Queensland wishing to enrol in a traineeship must be employed and signed up as eligible trainees by an Australian Apprenticeship Support Network.
The Student Contribution Fees are a student’s contribution to the cost of training and assessment services provided by Look Now Training. School-based trainees are exempt from paying student contribution fees under the User Choice program whilst at school. Once the training contract has been converted to full-time or part-time, students are then eligible to pay the student contribution fees and charges for the remainder of the qualification.
About Look Now Training
In a world where jobs, careers and futures are changing and evolving constantly, Look Now Training prides itself on ensuring that we are providing our students with the knowledge, skills and experience to step directly out of our training courses and into meaningful employment.
Based on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Look Now Training has built a strong legacy of Vocational Education and Training and teaches students from all walks of life and cultural backgrounds. Currently, an average of two-thirds of our graduating students gain employment within 4 weeks of graduating or go on to further study.
Last year Look Now Training had a student satisfaction rate of 91.4%.
We have strong relationships with local employers and each year place students in industry placements, traineeships and permanent positions through these relationships.
Look Now Training is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #31827).