The Most Successful People Are a Double Threat.
Learn the skills in this dual qualification to do it all. Beauty salon treatments and the most current makeup trends will give you the best start for a career-making people feel beautiful!
Love Beauty and Makeup? Become qualified in beauty and makeup services!
This course is designed both for the beginner and for those who have basic self-taught beauty and makeup skills who want to learn more and begin working at a professional level.
You will learn the basics from Lash and Brow Tinting to the more complex services like Lash extensions. You will explore your creativity in learning to design and apply makeup looks for brides and formal to fashion shoots.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Makeup Artist
- Salon Beauty Therapist
- Freelance Beauty and Makeup
- Home or mobile business in Beauty and Makeup
- Cosmetic Shops like Priceline and Terry White Pharmacies
- Beauty Therapist and Makeup Artist for a Hairdressing Salon
What You'll Learn
- You will learn the foundational beauty maintenance treatments like Lash and Brow treatments, waxing and manicure and pedicures. You will then learn tanning and eyelash extensions and 5 units of makeup, giving you the ability to be a one stop shop for Brides and Bridal Parties, Hens Nights, Formals, and a variety of special occasions
- You will have all the skills you need when you graduate to start your own business in Beauty and Makeup, or to find work as a contractor or an employee for an established salon
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 22 weeks
Face to Face Delivery
- 2 x 10 week terms – 1 day a week face to face training
Flexible Teacher-Directed Independent Study
- Online 15 hours/week
- Students should have completed Year 10 (or equivalent) and should be at least 15 years of age
- Younger applicants are welcome to apply and entry will be at the discretion of the RTO
Why Choose Demi International Beauty Academy:
- Small class numbers
- Flexibility to study while you work
- Experienced and passionate trainers that care about you
- Pathway to our Diploma of Beauty Therapy SHB50115
- Your personal makeup brush roll
- Your personal lash extension kit
- Professional photoshoot
- All beauty products and skincare
- All tools and equipment
- Linen services
- Teacher-directed learning and learning resources
- Uniform shirt
Pathways: After achieving this qualification, individuals may wish to undertake:
- Certificate III in Barbering
- Certificate III in Makeup
- Diploma of Screen and Media
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- Diploma of Salon Management
Meet our instructors
- We value a great education. Our instructors have over 30 years of practice experience working with clients in a variety of fields; most of our Trainers each run their own successful businesses and have a wealth of knowledge and experiences to share with you
- Each instructor holds more than one qualification in Beauty, Business & advanced Treatments. They are qualified trainers and assessors that meet the Australian Government guidelines for trainers
About Demi International Beauty Academy
Demi International are the industry choice for job-ready and well-rounded graduates. Time, quality, and nurturing of students learning is our priority. To deliver excellence in education, we have worked closely with industry experts and employers to ensure our graduates receive the most current information and skills that are relevant and most valuable to industry employers. With great education comes opportunity, as a number of our students have been offered employment prior to graduation.
All courses are recognised with the Australian Qualification Framework and nationally accredited. Giving you a range of further study options and pathways into University, with the opportunity to receive recognised study credits into a Bachelor degree. Plus our Diploma of Beauty Therapy and Diploma of Remedial Massage are internationally recognised in 39 countries through ITEC giving you the chance to explore global opportunities.
Demi International delivers nationally accredited units, courses and qualifications for sort after skills. We have been a trusted provider of quality education for more than 13 years, with thousands of happy graduates.
All of our courses are Flexible face-to-face study options that give you the time to study, work and play. With four campus locations in Queensland, you can study where it suits your lifestyle.
We ensure small class numbers and student-focused support from trainers with over 30+ years of industry experience. Our completion rate is over 95% and we have an extremely high employment rate on graduation.
Demi International Beauty Academy is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #32542)