- Please note: This is a fee-for-service program
The HLT35021 Certificate III in Dental Assisting is the ideal starting point for a successful career in the dental sector. You will gain critical experience, skills and knowledge in the field of dental assistance, with a strong focus on how to provide a high level of care for your patients and ensure they are comfortable both at front of house and while undergoing treatment.
Who's It For?
- Already working in a dental practice? This course will provide you with the qualifications to increase your responsibilities and improve your employability.
- Ready to begin your career? Earn a nationally recognised qualification in just 12 months that will leave you fully prepared to apply for your dream jobs.
- Looking to change careers? Get certified through a flexible, online course that boasts strong employment opportunities upon graduating.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Hygienist Assistant
- Dental Therapy Assistant
- Dental Sterilisation Nurse
What You'll Learn
- Prepare for and assist with dental procedures
- Assist with dental radiography
- Assist with administration in dental practice
- Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Duration – 12 months
- Study Load – Submit 1 unit of competency every 5 weeks to graduate in 12 months, plus practical placement
- Whilst there are no formal recognition of prior learning (RPL) or entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process
- You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
- You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to successfully complete the online part of the dental assistant course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High-speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic (Dial-up access is not recommended)
- Windows: Operating system – Windows 8 or above
- Internet Browser: Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- MAC: Operating system – OS X 10.14 Mojave or later
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download).
- Flexible Online Study – All of our courses are delivered online, giving you the flexibility to choose your course length.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with job-ready skills.
- Nationally Recognised Training Courses – All of our courses are Nationally Recognised and accredited.
- For mandatory work placement (350 hours, including an initial 50 hours completed in simulation), students must have access to a dental practice and a qualified supervisor i.e. a person who holds Certificate III in Dental Assisting or higher relevant qualification
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Given that some students may already be able to demonstrate their competence in some units, a recognition of prior learning (RPL) assessment process may be available to students to recognise skills and knowledge that may have been gained through formal and informal training and/or learning, work experience and life experience.
- Knowledge questions
- Case study
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drives the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study - Our courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length - whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support - Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrollment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses - Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number - 22557)