One of our most popular courses, the HLT33115 Certificate III in Health Services Assistance is your entry into the hospital and health services sector with great work opportunities available all over Australia.
Successful completion will enable you to work as a PSA (Patient Services Assistant) in health services assistance roles in hospitals, or in a range of job roles providing assistance to health professional staff with a high level of client care. The HLT33115 Certificate III in Health Services Assistance qualification involves roles where the worker may experience a high level of client contact, often with patients in a hospital environment, working under supervision^.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Patient services attendant (PSA)
- Wards person
- Environmental services assistant (ESA)
- Food services assistant (FSA)
What You'll Learn
- You will learn basic medical terminology and gain knowledge of healthy body systems, infection control, bed making and clinical cleaning practices, food safety procedures, legal and ethical requirements as well as how to contribute to effective working relationships in the health industry
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Classes are delivered over approximately 22 weeks for full time intakes for Two Days 9am to 3:30pm or 32-34 weeks for part time intakes One evening and one full-day Saturday per week 9am to 3:30pm. Please note: Phillips Institute does not deliver this course as online or distance – we deliver this course as class-based training only. We will transition to distance delivery where restrictions prevent face-to-face, class-based delivery
- You will have up to one year to complete all course requirements. Some applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior learning where relevant prior skills, knowledge and experience can be demonstrated
- While there are no specific entry requirements for this course, to gain maximum benefit you will need to be able to speak, read and write fluently in English, and to be able to use basic numeracy skills. It is important when working in the health sector to be able to read and interpret a range of information and these skills are therefore essential for successful completion of course requirements. Basic computer and internet skills are beneficial but not essential for this course
- All applicants must provide a copy of a current, clear National Police Check before commencing the clinical placement. You must also make an application for a no-cost volunteer Working With Children Check. It will not be possible to start your clinical placement until these checks are received. Some hospitals may require you to gain an Employee Working With Children Check before you can start a placement
- In addition, most hospitals will require you to meet immunisation requirements prior to starting your placement. Further information about these requirements will be provided by your trainer
Included in our program:
- Guaranteed placement at a leading Melbourne metropolitan hospital
- Placement polo shirt
- All learning resources supplied
About Phillips Institute
Our courses are nationally recognised, which means you receive the accredited training and current skills for the workplace that employers expect.
We offer government-funded training to eligible applicants for most courses, and we even offer easy payment plans whether you’re funded or paying the full fee.
Class-based, facilitator-led training, with day, evening and weekend classes for Certificate III and Certificate IV programs. We also offer blended flexible learning, with online or print-based options for Certificate IV and Diploma programs.
If your course requires a placement, we will assist to source and organise one for you as close to your home as possible. This is a service we’ve been offering to our students for over 20 years.
Dedicated, professional educators with current industry knowledge and skills, and extensive training experience, ready to assist you to take the next step. And because we consult regularly with employer organisations, the training we deliver is what the industry expects.
Phillips Institute is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #21868)