- Government funding is available to eligible students under the Jobs & Skills WA Program
Certificate III in Individual Support, this qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason. Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
This course is appropriate for people who are seeking employment in the following roles: aged care worker; personal carer; support worker; home and community carer. It is important to note that the nature of the work role and client group requires that students have a certain level of maturity and commitment as the work can be both physically and emotionally demanding.
This qualification is also beneficial for any person who may:
- Have no formal qualifications
- Wish to review/update knowledge and practical experience
- Be seeking a new career
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Aged Care
- Disability Worker
- Care Assistant
- Personal Caregiver
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Western Australia
Duration Study Load
- 14 weeks + 120 hours of work placement
- Face-to-face classes and on the job (work placement)
- There are no entry requirements listed in the training package for this qualification. It is preferred that the students have obtained a minimum of a School Certificate or equivalent. Students are required to; be at least 16 years of age (students under 18 years of age will need a parent or guardian to approve their enrolment) and undertake a criminal record check
Joanna N. FeltenCertificate III in Individual Support
- Successful completion of this qualification will enable the student to progress to CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support, or to gain employment within an Aged Care Facility or in the Community Services Sector
To successfully complete this qualification, you require 15 units of competence. These 15 units are comprised of 9 core unit which is compulsory and 6 elective units.
About Gateway Training Academy
Gateway Training Academy, established in 2009, has fostered education excellence for nearly 15 years, guiding thousands to fulfilling careers through campuses in WA and NSW. Our carefully designed courses, grounded in high-demand industries like aged care and community pharmacy, are pathways to promising opportunities.
What sets us apart is our deep connections within the industry, paired with government-funded options for select programs, ensuring an accessible and quality education for a wide array of students. With us, learners gain practical and sought-after skills that cater to the real needs of the workforce, facilitating seamless transitions from study to a rewarding career.
Join us to pave your way to success in a nurturing and experienced educational environment where your bright future is our priority. Gateway Training Academy is your reliable partner in carving out a path to a satisfying career equipped with robust industry connections and quality training.
Gateway Training Academy Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #32305)