Become a valued and integral part of the health and community services industry with this qualification. You will learn how to support independence and wellbeing, gain a range of technical skills, and develop a range of transferable skills from communication to teamwork.
The health, aged care and community services sector is predicted to experience strong growth over the next five years with an excess of 50,000 job openings expected. This is due to an increased demand for aged care support and support for people with a disability through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Successful completion of this course will enable you to work in aged care or disability support. It will also give you the knowledge to undertake further studies in the community services and health sectors.
Our highly-experienced trainers provide guidance and support every step of the way, to ensure you have the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in the field.
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 13 weeks: the maximum duration to complete this qualification is 12 months, unless completed as a work-based traineeship.
- This qualification is delivered via a combination of online and face-to-face learning.
- In circumstances where face-to-face learning is not available, structured online tutorials and virtual classrooms will be utilised. Students require a laptop and to download the free Microsoft Teams App.
- Please contact us for further information regarding the current course schedule. Online study gives you the flexibility to fit your study around your existing commitments while still having the support of industry experts.
- There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
- Before enrolling, your proficiency in language, literacy and numeracy will be assessed to determine what level of support you may need to assist you through your study program.
- Students require access to a computer with an internet connection.
- 120 hours mandatory industry placement.
- Methods of assessment for this qualification cover a range of evidence gathering including self-assessment, written questions and answers, work-based projects, observations and supplementary evidence such as third party reports.
- Recognition of your current skills and or past experience /qualifications can also be taken into consideration.
Government Funding Available
In Queensland, subject to eligibility criteria, Certificate 3 Guarantee funding is available through the Queensland Government to support completing this qualification.
Student co-contribution fees/tuition fees apply to these programs as follows:
- Non-Concession: $100*
- Concession: $50*
In addition, a $50 fee is payable to cover students national police check applications.
Please note: Look Now Training also has a partnership with Five Bridges. Through this partnership, we are able to provide this course in the 12-13 week format at no cost to participants several times annually. When enquiring please check if these Skilling Queenslanders for Work funded positions are available.
About Look Now Training
In a world where jobs, careers and futures are changing and evolving constantly, Look Now Training prides itself on ensuring that we are providing our students with the knowledge, skills and experience to step directly out of our training courses and into meaningful employment.
Based on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Look Now Training has built a strong legacy of Vocational Education and Training and teaches students from all walks of life and cultural backgrounds. Currently, an average of two-thirds of our graduating students gain employment within 4 weeks of graduating or go on to further study.
Last year Look Now Training had a student satisfaction rate of 91.4%.
We have strong relationships with local employers and each year place students in industry placements, traineeships and permanent positions through these relationships.
Look Now Training is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #31827).