- We are a private RTO and therefore government funding is not available. Please check eligibility requirements before enquiring
Our nationally recognised CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support is an ideal qualification if you’re looking for entry work in the booming aged care sector. You will unlock a variety of entry-level work situations in the community services industry, and gain the practical skills to carry out your role as a Care Worker with confidence.
According to the Australian Government Job Outlook, the number of people working as Aged and Disabled Carers (in their main job) grew very strongly over the past 5 years and is expected to grow very strongly over the next 5 years: from 175,800 in 2018 to 245,000 by 2023.
There are likely to be around 179,000 job openings in the Aged Care Sector over the next 5 years (that’s about 35,800 a year).
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Aged Care Carer
- Aged Care Worker
- Care Service Employee
- Care Support Worker
- Care Team Leader
- Client Care Advisor
- Community Care Worker
- Personal Care Assistant
- Personal Care Worker
What You'll Learn
- You will be supported in your learning by expert trainers. A structured workplace learning component will give you the practical, hands-on experience and knowledge you need in this high demand sector
- If you have experience within the industry, the Certificate IV in Ageing Support is a great way to expand on your knowledge and skills. Or, if you have completed the Certificate III in Individual Support, you can continue your studies with the Certificate IV in Ageing Support. It will provide you with the relevant skills to give person-cantered support in both the aged care and disability sector
- You will learn how to effectively liaise with other healthcare professionals and take your career to the next level by supervising fellow workers. Other skills covered in this course include how to respond holistically to client issues, and how to provide services to elderly people with complex needs
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Course duration: The duration for the course is maximum 18 months. As a self-paced online course, the time it will take you to complete is flexible and dependent on ability and time available
- Recommended hours per week: 23h
- Delivery method: Online with Work Placement
This course does not require specific formal education qualifications. However, you must be a minimum of 18 years old to enrol. At Open Colleges, we’re passionate about helping you choose courses that are a perfect fit for your individual goals and aspirations. Please note that this course is not open to student visa holders. For personalised assistance and more information, please enquire now.
A minimum of 120 hours of structured workplace learning hours are required to complete the course.
What are the benefits?
- By undertaking a work placement you’ll get a chance to put the knowledge you’ve learned on your course into practice
- You’ll also develop practical, on-the-job skills and could make contacts that could help you find a job once you graduate
- Work placement is often the most rewarding part of a student’s course. Working face-to-face with clients and colleagues in your chosen field makes a huge difference to your career confidence
If you’d like to learn more about the work placement component of this course, get the course guide for further details.
Recognition Of Prior Learning
We value the diverse skills and expertise you may have gained from various sources. These experiences can be acknowledged through our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
For a more comprehensive understanding of our RPL procedure, please refer to our Credit Transfer & Recognition of Prior Learning Policy, available in the Key Student Information section of our website. Alternatively, you can contact an Enrolment Consultant to discuss your RPL options.
- Multiple choice Quiz
- Role plays
- Work Placement
- Written assignments
The following resources are provided to you via OpenSpace:
- Industry aligned content
- Practical activities aligned to workplace scenarios
- Instructional videos
- Access to live webinars with your trainer
- Case studies
- Further readings
- External links
- Discussion forums
Open Colleges offers this qualification in association with Integrated Care & Management Training Pty Ltd (Provider number: 90197). The testamur will be issued by Integrated Care & Management Training Pty Ltd.
About Open Colleges
Open Colleges puts you at the centre of everything we do. As an institution, we measure our success in the success of our students.
We have more than 125 years of experience in distance education, and this has given us the time to perfect the ways we deliver education and training to people across Australia. In the last decade alone, we’ve helped more than 450,000 students reach their potential.
We understand the needs of adult learners. That’s why we created OpenSpace, our world-class online learning platform that gives you complete flexibility and control to study whenever and wherever you are. OpenSpace provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, a superior support network and the opportunity to connect with other learners just like you.
Our nationally recognised courses could help you launch, change or accelerate your career. Now is the time to make your next move. With Open Colleges, everything could happen.
Open Colleges Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 90796)