We are a private RTO and therefore government funding is not available. Please check eligibility requirements before enquiring.
Business clerical roles are one of the largest occupations in Australia. Duties involve general administrative and core business operation skills, which are applicable across a range of industries. In fact, the outlook until 2025 is for over 342,500 new roles to be added to the industry.
This business administration course will build on your existing knowledge to give you a broad, advanced understanding of numerous core business and administration functions.
Students will receive a free 12-month student membership to the Australian Institute of Office Professionals (AIOP), the peak industry association for office professionals, giving you access to networking events, professional development opportunities and seminars.
Fit study around your work and home life. With Open Colleges, you access your course content through OpenSpace, your online campus. Study whenever and wherever you like and make your way through the course at a pace that suits you.
Who's It For?
This course is perfect if you have no experience but would like to become a business administration specialist.
The Certificate IV is also an ideal way to formalise your current work experience if you are already in the industry but need a qualification to advance.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Administrative Officer
- Administrative Team Leader
- Assistant Business Analyst
- Assistant Security Analyst
- Business Development Analyst
What You'll Learn
- Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
- Write complex documents
- Apply critical thinking to work practices
- Apply communication strategies in the workplace
- Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- Build and maintain business relationships
- Develop and use emotional intelligence
- Develop personal work priorities
- Organise business meetings
- Apply digital solutions to work processes
- Design and produce complex spreadsheets
- Undertake project work
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Maximum of 18 months
- 26 hours of study per week recommended
There are no mandated education entry requirements for this qualification, but it is also recommended that students:
- Are 18 years old (note: students under 18 will need permission from a parent or guardian to enrol)
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensure the ability to read and comprehend technical terms and communicate effectively through email — these skills are equivalent to those that would be required to successfully complete Year 12 or ACSF Level 3
- Have completed a qualification at Certificate III level or higher · Have access to a modern computer with video/audio playback capabilities and high-speed internet
- Have access to Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Have basic computing skills, including the ability to make a short video
- Have access to a digital video recording device to save and upload video/image files to OpenSpace, e.g., mobile phone/smartphone
You’ll be required to operate office equipment and resources including telephone, photocopier, scanner and printer in a safe environment that includes an ergonomically sound computer workstation.
Equipment and tools
This course includes a requirement to record video and/ or audio roleplays. These will require participation by 1-2 other people sourced by you.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Our free online assessment tool can help give you an idea of the language, literacy and numeracy skills needed to study a VET course. This tool can also help you determine your learning level and help you plan your future studies.
Recognition Of Prior Learning
If you are an existing worker or have experience in the related industry, please inform our enrolment consultants during your enrolment conversation. You may be eligible to enrol as an existing worker and complete your studies faster. Please note – limitations do apply.
- Role plays
- Written assessments
- Learning content
- Additional resources
- Learning activities
About Open Colleges
Open Colleges puts you at the centre of everything we do. As an institution, we measure our success in the success of our students.
We have more than 125 years of experience in distance education, and this has given us the time to perfect the ways we deliver education and training to people across Australia. In the last decade alone, we’ve helped more than 450,000 students reach their potential.
We understand the needs of adult learners. That’s why we created OpenSpace, our world-class online learning platform that gives you complete flexibility and control to study whenever and wherever you are. OpenSpace provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, a superior support network and the opportunity to connect with other learners just like you.
Our nationally recognised courses could help you launch, change or accelerate your career. Now is the time to make your next move. With Open Colleges, everything could happen.
Open Colleges Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 90796)