A career in human resources (HR) means a career with people. HR professionals focus on developing a positive and healthy workplace culture, supporting professional development, performance management and team effectiveness for a business’ employees. Human resources officers and human resources coordinators strive to help employees, drive culture and support strategic objectives to make the business the best it can be. With in-demand HR and administration skills and an online human resources qualification to back you, you’ll be prepared for any HR role.
With a Certificate IV in Human Resource Management (BSB40420), you’ll be able to support the learning and development of teams and individuals, as well as supporting a business’s human resources department with essential business administration functions. Upskill to become a confident HR officer for your business and take your next step into an HR career by learning to write complex documents, implement work health and safety policies, and support the wide range of human resources functions and processes.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Human Resource Administrator
- Human Resource Assistant
- Payroll Supervisor
What You'll Learn
- Supporting human resources initiatives
- Leading team effectiveness by supporting learning and development
- Implementing and monitoring WHS policies
- Managing employee relationships and supporting performance management
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
Part-time: approx 12 months
Full-time: approx 8 months
In order to succeed in our online qualifications, our students are required to:
- Be 18 years or older at the time of registration
- Demonstrate the required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills
While there is no formal prerequisite study required to enter this qualification, it is beneficial for students to have some relevant industry experience to assist with the learning application required for this course. This may have been obtained through formal and/or informal training, work experience and life experience.
You will need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or another device with the following:
- An adequate and reliable internet connection
- At least the equivalent of Microsoft Office or Office for Mac, with word-processing capabilities and spreadsheets
- A PDF Reader installed
- Full permissions to install and access third-party software as required
You will also need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or device with an adequate camera to undertake video calls for assessments as required.
- Complete the course your way – at your own time, pace and convenience
- You win from the start with no classes, no rush hour dash or parking hassles
- Tutorials are easily navigated and the order can be adapted to your priorities
- Unit quizzes serve to demonstrate knowledge obtained and your readiness to proceed to the next unit
- You will receive a personal learning plan, regular feedback and personal assistance from our experienced facilitators
- Learning occurs on the job and you can apply your knowledge while you study for immediate results
Recognition Of Prior Learning
If you have extensive experience in the industry with a high level of knowledge, competency and ability, you may be eligible for RPL.
We’re excited to offer students studying the Certificate IV in Human Resource Management (BSB40420) with the College for Adult Learning a free one-year AHRI Student Membership.
As a student member, you’ll have access to valuable resources to support your studies, be able to join programs and events to help you become job-ready, and attend free member-only networking forums to build your professional network and learn about specialist HR topics. Terms and Conditions apply.
Where it will lead me
After completing this qualification, you’ll be prepared to confidently take your next steps into an HR role, with foundational human resource skills under your belt. These will help you hire and train the right people for your business and develop a positive workplace culture, ensuring staff retention and healthy wellbeing.
You’ll be a critical asset to businesses small and large in any industry with the skills to support the learning and development of individuals, lead team performance, develop a range of policies, and hold the difficult conversations that come with working in HR such as complaints, conflicts or performance management meetings.
About The College for Adult Learning
The College for Adult Learning formed as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in 2009, and through high-quality training, unparalleled support and flexibility, we’ve been making a real difference in thousands of careers over the last 10 years.
We started as a team of three dedicated, senior executives from the TAFE/University sectors inspired by adult learners across Australia desperate for relevant courses, practical study options, comprehensive support, work-ready skills and real outcomes.
As passionate educators and leaders with over 30 years’ experience in vocational and higher education, we were continually frustrated with the ‘one size fits all’ training standards being offered in the Australian marketplace. Knowing the struggles that learners faced, we started with practical, outcomes-focused training solutions then created a learning model that allowed students freedom and flexibility while providing a strong support foundation.
We now provide a supportive online learning environment, 24/7 access to course content so you can go at your own pace, and unlimited opportunities to connect with experienced industry professionals for mentorship and support. CAL continues to partner with industry leaders when we develop our training solutions to ensure that our content is accurate, current and relevant to the workplaces of today with the visions of tomorrow.
We proudly specialise in delivering the skills that industry demands and future leaders need.
College for Adult Learning Pty. Ltd. as The Trustee for Golding/Sabell Trust is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 22228)