Continuous development and upskilling is now a regular element of modern-day employment, making workers with capable training abilities vital for every organisation. As the nation’s leading provider of corporate training, developing the professional skills of over 25,000 Australians every year, AIM is the best qualified and experienced organisation to upskill tomorrow’s trainers.
AIM’s TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is designed to enhance a broad range of skills in designing and developing training programs, planning and undertaking delivery, and organising and running assessment processes. This course is suitable for professionals, tradespeople, and others who are responsible for the development and assessment of skills of other employees in the workplace.
Choose AIM as your training provider to learn from the leaders in learning and education.
Who's It For?
- If you are involved in on-the-job training and assessing or are training learners towards a specific skill, AIM’s TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment provides the ideal vocational education for you. By exploring versatile techniques, practices, and approaches to training and assessment in the professional sphere, this qualification is designed to develop training capabilities for those in the vocational education and training (VET) sector as well as general workers involved in the delivery of training and assessment of competence in the workplace
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Training Developer
- Trainer and Assessor
- Learning and Development Officer/Manager
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 12 months
Online with Virtual Delivery and Assessment Workshops:
- One x 2.5-hour virtual classroom per month with an AIM Trainer and Assessor over the 12-month period. Students are also required to participate in 6 x 7.5-hour virtual classroom assessment sessions
- Completing structured self-directed learning and assessment tasks online and in the workplace, with engaging online pre-recorded assessment tutorials and videos and a series of guided learning and assessment workshops. This involves approximately 10-12 hours per week for the average learner over the 12-month period
- Assessments are based on workplace scenarios and students conduct the majority of the assessments in their own workplace, either live streaming with the AIM assessor, providing video recordings, or attending Assessment Workshops for assessor observation
- Each student will have access to a trainer and assessor for 1.5 hours per fortnight. This time is used for learning and/or assessment based on individual student needs, comprising 3 hours per month x 12 months
- 18 years + of age
- Education level minimum year 1 or Certificate III
- Work experience and access to workplace
- Technologically literate
- English proficiency
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- Recognition of skills and knowledge gained through previous studies, work, and life experiences may be used to award competency for Units of Competency within this qualification
About Australian Institute of Management
As Australia's peak management body, AIM serves as a career journey partner, with members and clients ranging from emerging managers starting off in their careers to senior executives and board members. Great managers and leaders make decisions every day that affect people’s lives. With the right training, network and focus, these decisions can have a positive impact. Put simply, the better the leader, the better the decision. The better the decision, the wider the effect.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Code - 0049)
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); level 21, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, an approved FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP provider. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).