CAL’s Diploma of Building and Construction (Management) will prepare you to manage a wide range of aspects within a construction business, with crucial skills in project management, resource coordination and financial management. You’ll learn to lead WHS and risk management practices to ensure the work site is safe and how to ensure that your team members and contractors work together smoothly to stick to the project schedule and budget.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Construction Manager
- Estimating Manager
- Construction Foreman
What You'll Learn
- Lead WHS and risk management to ensure the workplace is safe and workplace incidents are reduced
- Manage project information to ensure seamless communication across all team members to promote efficiency
- Manage finances and costing systems to ensure projects costs are managed effectively
- Manage the application of building codes to ensure projects meet standards
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Part-time: approx 12 months
- Full-time: approx 16-18 months
- As part of your course, it is compulsory to undertake and provide third-party evidence for some assessments in an eligible industry workplace. If you are not currently in, or have not previously been in, an eligible workplace, you must source your own host workplace and undertake work that meets the requirements for the units of this course. Please speak to one of our friendly Learning Consultants for more information
Where it will lead me
- The Diploma of Building and Construction (Management) will set you up for long-term construction career growth as a confident and qualified construction manager. You’ll develop transferable skills in project, risk, finance and contract management and be able to liaise between engineers, consultants, contractors and others working on the projects.
About The College for Adult Learning
The College for Adult Learning is an award-winning Registered Training Organisation (RTO) delivering high-quality training, unparalleled flexibility and real career outcomes to thousands of students over the last 10 years.
We started as a team of three dedicated, senior executives from the TAFE/University sectors inspired by adult learners across Australia desperate for relevant courses, practical study options, comprehensive support, work-ready skills and real outcomes.
As passionate educators and leaders with over 30 years’ experience in vocational and higher education, we were continually frustrated with the ‘one size fits all’ training standards being offered in the Australian marketplace. Knowing the struggles that learners faced, we started with practical, outcomes-focused training solutions then created a learning model that allowed students freedom and flexibility while providing a strong support foundation.
We now provide a supportive online learning environment, 24/7 access to course content so you can go at your own pace, and unlimited opportunities to connect with experienced industry professionals for mentorship and support. CAL continues to partner with industry leaders when we develop our training solutions to ensure that our content is accurate, current and relevant to the workplaces of today with the visions of tomorrow.
We proudly specialise in delivering the skills that industry demands and future leaders need.
College for Adult Learning Pty. Ltd. as The Trustee for Golding/Sabell Trust is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 22228)