Diploma of Business reflects the role of individuals in a variety of Business Services job roles. These individuals may have frontline management accountabilities.
Individuals in these roles carry out moderately complex tasks in a specialist field of expertise that requires business operations skills. They may possess substantial experience in a range of settings but seek to further develop their skills across a wide range of business functions.
Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety will provide you the underpinning knowledge required to assist in managing WHS within the workplace. It is particularly suitable for people working in a work health and safety (WHS) role that may or may not work under supervision. They may provide leadership and guidance to others and have some limited responsibility for the output of others.
The Certificate IV WHS course will help you to take that next step in your career, whether you will be directly involved in workplace safety, contributing to work health and safety systems in the workplace as a supervisor, or providing support to your company’s WHS systems in general. Skills include organising workload, analysing information, delivering presentations and problem solving. We’ll support you through this course, which will give you the tools to further your career in business.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Team Leader/Supervisor
- Records management officer
- Assistant to senior manager
- Customer support officer
- Business Development Manager
- Corporate Services Manager
- Distribution Centre Manager
- Information Services Manager
- Health and Safety Representative
- Safety Officer
- WHS/Safety Advisor
- WHS/OHS Officer
- Work Health and Safety Auditor
- And more!
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration Study Load
- From the date of the initial course registration/enrolment, the learner is provided a twenty-four (24) months timeframe to complete the course
- On average it may take you 40-50 hours to complete a unit of competency. However, this will be influenced by your experience, time availability and work rate
We are committed to seeing you through your course. To ensure you have the best chance of successfully completing your course, the following entry and study requirements apply.
- Current Year 12: Successful completion of Australian Year 12 or equivalent or the Australian Senior VCAL Certificate; or Non-Year 12: Completion of post-secondary studies; or
- Have at least 12 months’ work experience; and
- Have access to a fully-functional computer loaded with a web browser, web camera and appropriate software applications to read PDF files and produce documents (using Microsoft Suite); and
- Have reliable internet access; and
- Have a valid email account and a telephone with a valid telephone number for learning and assessment communication, support session; and
- Participating in interactive assessment activities and interviews
- You can study at any time, any place, with maximum flexibility
- Access to Online Learning portal at any time of anywhere
- Easy-to-read course materials
- Access to learning supports (emails, phone or visual classroom sessions, Webinars)
- Fast Assessment response (5 working days response)
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- If you believe you have competence in any of the units of competency within the qualification, you can apply to have it recognised through the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
Upon enrolment, you will be provided via the Learning Management System with detailed assessment task specifications and activities specific to the relevant unit of competency. By way of example, you may be required to:
- Complete projects and/or portfolios of evidence;
- Answer a series of knowledge-based questions;
- Participate in interviews with your assessor.
You will submit your evidence for evaluation to the Assessor, who will continue to maintain contact with you during the assessment decision-making process.
You will be provided with opportunities to adjust & resubmit your assessments based on the assessor’s feedback.
About Let Training
Let Training deliver quality recognised qualification courses as well as business coaching and advisory consulting services. Courses are available in areas of human resources, leadership and management, business and work health and safety. Through developing customised solutions, Let Training can help you improve the skills needed to address organisations' needs and create promising career opportunities.
Let Training is a Nationally Recognised Training Organisation (RTO 41179)