We are a private RTO and therefore government funding is not available. Please check eligibility requirements before enquiring.
Learn interior design from the ground up, and graduate with an advanced skillset and specialised knowledge that you can use to create inspiring interior spaces, with Open Colleges’ MSF50222 Diploma of Interior Design.
Around 11,500 people currently work in this industry, however, this number is set to skyrocket in the near future with demand driving new job growth. Future forecasts predict that up to 7,000 job opportunities will open between now and 2025.
Who's It For?
If you are looking to launch a career in interior design but have minimal experience, this course is the perfect way to get the skills, knowledge and qualification you need to achieve this.
Alternatively, if you are already working in the design industry and want to take the next step in your career, this diploma is a great way to formalise your experience, and get the specialised skills and knowledge to make your career ambitions a reality.
If you are an existing worker or have experience in the related industry, please inform our enrolment consultants during your enrolment conversation as you may be eligible to enrol as an existing worker and may be able to complete your studies faster.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Colour Consultant
- Interior Decoration Consultant
- Interior Designer
- Interior Stylist
- Kitchen Designer
- Soft Furnishing Consultant
What You'll Learn
You will learn to combine the technical, creative and conceptual skills required to plan and decorate interiors for commercial, residential or heritage buildings. This interior design course will cover essential skills including – drawing, conceptual, research and business skills as well as building your knowledge of materials and ways of working sustainably.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
The duration for the course is maximum 30 months. As a self-paced online course, the time it will take you to complete is flexible and dependent on ability and time available.
To successfully complete this course, it is recommended that students:
- be over 18 years of age
- have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensures the ability to read and comprehend technical terms and communicate effectively through email
- You will also be required to register for AutoCAD software, which is available free for students enrolled in an approved education institution
- Simulated Workplace Requirement: You must have access to a specific place where you undertake your assessment activities. This work area should be designed as a home office area or design studio. You will be asked to submit photographic evidence of your simulated workplace facility before assessment in Study Period 1
- By the time you get to the end of the course, you’ll have an extensive portfolio of work that you can proudly present to prospective employers and clients
- As a student of the MSF50222 Diploma of Interior Design you’ll receive a professional art kit throughout the course. The tools included in the kit will ensure you have everything you need to get your interior design career off to the most creative and confident start!
- Our Trainers and Assessors are seasoned interior design industry experts, who are committed to helping you understand your learning and get the most out of your study
Recognition Of Prior Learning
We understand that you may already have many skills and areas of expertise that you have obtained in different ways and these are recognised through our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
Open Colleges has developed an RPL application kit for this course.
The Student Handbook, available in the Key Student Information section of our website, provides more information about our RPL process. Alternatively, you can contact an Enrolment Consultant to discuss your RPL options.
About Open Colleges
Open Colleges puts you at the centre of everything we do. As an institution, we measure our success in the success of our students.
We have more than 125 years of experience in distance education, and this has given us the time to perfect the ways we deliver education and training to people across Australia. In the last decade alone, we’ve helped more than 450,000 students reach their potential.
We understand the needs of adult learners. That’s why we created OpenSpace, our world-class online learning platform that gives you complete flexibility and control to study whenever and wherever you are. OpenSpace provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, a superior support network and the opportunity to connect with other learners just like you.
Our nationally recognised courses could help you launch, change or accelerate your career. Now is the time to make your next move. With Open Colleges, everything could happen.
Open Colleges Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 90796)