Unlock the next level of your career with our World Class Logistics Management qualification.
Logistics professionals sit at the heart of modern business and are responsible for the management of the flow of goods and services from origin to consumption, as well as meeting customer requirements.
With workplace-based assessments and course content designed for around the modern working environment, we strive to get you job-ready, competent, confident and qualified to succeed in your Logistics Career.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Logistics Manager
- Logistics Coordinator
- Logistics operations manager
- Distribution Centre manager
- Supply chain manager
- Supply chain customer service manager
- Purchasing manager
- Procurement manager
- Contract manager
- Road transport manager
- Vehicle fleet management
What You'll Learn
- Explain chain of responsibility features in the HVNL, state policies, monitoring chain of responsibility workplace policies and procedures
- Be able to read and interpret logistic schedules, inventories
- Develop workplace operation procedures
- Understand procedures for hazardous situations, warehouse operating systems, codes of practices, storage requirements for inventory, technology information systems and procedures
- Understand quality management systems and risk management
- Ability to negotiate and liaise with suppliers and all relevant stakeholders
- Understand the processes in each aspect of the supply chain
- Be able to source, manage, evaluate and review suppliers
- Apply knowledge of logistics information systems
- Be able to show people performance management skills, ability to lead a team effectively, policies surrounding recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Part-time: 15 months
- Full-time: 12 months
- Maximum 24 months
Our courses are 100% online and are self-paced. This means you can choose to study on a more intense time schedule, or just fit it around your lifestyle when you can.
The course can be completed in as little as 12 months with a full-time study load or in 12-16 months on a part-time study load, but we allow a 24-month standard course enrolment duration, depending on circumstances.
We provide engaging tutorials, industry-relevant assessments and work-ready learning outcomes.
In order to succeed in our online qualifications, our students are required to:
- Be 18 years or older at the time of registration
- Demonstrate the required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills
While there is no formal prerequisite study required to enter this qualification, it is beneficial for students to have some relevant industry experience to assist with the learning application required for this course. This may have been obtained through formal and/or informal training, work experience and life experience.
You will need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or another device with the following:
- An adequate and reliable internet connection
- At least the equivalent of Microsoft Office or Office for Mac, with word-processing capabilities and spreadsheets
- A PDF Reader installed
- Full permissions to install and access third-party software as required
You will also need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or device with an adequate camera to undertake video calls for assessments as required.
- Complete the course your way – at your own time, pace and convenience
- You win from the start with no classes, no rush hour dash or parking hassles
- Tutorials are easily navigated and the order can be adapted to your priorities
- Unit quizzes serve to demonstrate knowledge obtained
- You will receive a personal learning plan, regular feedback and personal assistance from our experienced facilitators
- Learning occurs on the job and you can apply your knowledge while you study for immediate results
Recognition Of Prior Learning
If you have extensive experience in the industry with a high level of knowledge, competency and ability, you may be eligible for RPL.
- BSBPRC504 – Manage a Supply Chain
- BSBWHS521 – Ensure a Safe Workplace for a Work Area
- TLIR5014 – Manage Suppliers
- TLIP5004 – Develop a Transport and Logistics Business Plan
- TLIA5058 – Manage Facility and Inventory Requirements
- TLIX4028 – Apply Knowledge of Logistics
- TLIL5018 – Manage Customer Service
- TLIF0014 – Monitor the safety of transport activities (Chain of Responsibility)
- TLIL5020 – Develop and Maintain Operational Procedures for Transport and Logistics Enterprises
- BSBLDR523 – Lead and Manage Effective Workplace Relationships
- BSBWOR502 – Lead and Manage Team Effectiveness
- BSBRSK501 – Manage risk
- TILP5035 – Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBMGT517 – Manage operational plan
- BSBMGT516 – Facilitate continuous improvement
About The College for Adult Learning
The College for Adult Learning is an award-winning Registered Training Organisation (RTO) delivering high-quality training, unparalleled flexibility and real career outcomes to thousands of students over the last 10 years.
We started as a team of three dedicated, senior executives from the TAFE/University sectors inspired by adult learners across Australia desperate for relevant courses, practical study options, comprehensive support, work-ready skills and real outcomes.
As passionate educators and leaders with over 30 years’ experience in vocational and higher education, we were continually frustrated with the ‘one size fits all’ training standards being offered in the Australian marketplace. Knowing the struggles that learners faced, we started with practical, outcomes-focused training solutions then created a learning model that allowed students freedom and flexibility while providing a strong support foundation.
We now provide a supportive online learning environment, 24/7 access to course content so you can go at your own pace, and unlimited opportunities to connect with experienced industry professionals for mentorship and support. CAL continues to partner with industry leaders when we develop our training solutions to ensure that our content is accurate, current and relevant to the workplaces of today with the visions of tomorrow.
We proudly specialise in delivering the skills that industry demands and future leaders need.
College for Adult Learning Pty. Ltd. as The Trustee for Golding/Sabell Trust is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 22228)