RECEIVE UP TO 95% OFF THIS COURSE!*
The HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage is a nationally recognised qualification that has been designed to give students theoretical competencies and practical application of remedial massage.
This course will develop your skills in conducting client consultations and diagnosing muscle pain or discomfort. Practical sessions in our student clinic will help you to apply your skills to provide remedial massages and ongoing treatment plans.
This Diploma course also equips you with practical skills and knowledge in small business planning and marketing to help you start your own Remedial Massage Business.
By achieving this qualification with TrainSmart Australia, you can embark on a career in remedial massage, generate your own business and find remunerative work as part of an established practice.
*Discount available in Perth, Western Australia only through Jobs and Skills WA government subsidy.
Who's It For?
- This course has been designed to meet the needs of individuals who are passionate about working with people and have an interest in the health industry
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Remedial Massage Therapist
- Sports Massage Therapist
- Osteopaths and physiotherapists and/or working in allied health clinics
- Massage day spas
- Assistant for chiropractors
What You'll Learn
The HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage will teach you the skills needed for becoming an independent and successful massage therapist.
In this course you will learn:
- To consult with clients to help understand expectations and reasons for treatment
- The anatomy and physiology of the body including myofascial anatomy trains
- Master various specialised techniques in customised remedial massage
- Develop an understanding of pressure points and reflexology relaxation therapies
- Knowledge of current OH&S and COVID Safe practices
- Use of various massage equipment and tools, including massage tables, oils, lotions, and creams
- To create your own aromatic blends that enhance massage therapies
- Small business planning and marketing
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Western Australia
Duration Study Load
- 12 months with the opportunity to extend
- This course is face-to-face at our Perth CBD Campus 2 days per week
TrainSmart Australia will assess a student’s ‘academic suitability’ to ensure the student has the best chance of success. This is determined by either:
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of an Australian year 12 certificate; or,
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of a Certificate IV qualification (or above) that can be verified or,
- The student completing the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy
- You will receive dedicated trainer team support throughout your studies, with access to our student forums
- This course also requires 200 hours of clinic hours which can be completed on campus within our student clinic
- Assessments are by way of written assignments and have a practical component. To achieve this qualification, you will be required to complete a range of practical activities (simulation exercises) either online and face-to-face
- TrainSmart Australia will give you advance notice so you can make necessary arrangements to ensure you are able to participate in these practical activities
About TrainSmart Australia
For more than ten years, TrainSmart Australia has helped thousands of people from all different backgrounds to achieve their career goals. We pride ourselves on our stellar reputation and commitment to helping our students get their foot in the door of their chosen industry. Whether you want to upskill to make yourself more employable in your field, or you’re looking to change careers altogether, TrainSmart Australia offers a wide range of courses that are sure to suit your needs.
All our courses are approved and accredited by both the government and relevant industry bodies, which means you’ll be ready to hit the ground running.
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)